The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Zephyrs 1st augment

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

4 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

the 1st augment Zephy has is not up to par anymore

This rework to Target Fixation has never once been up to par. It is a self-negating augment that you can't use indoors and there are not enough enemies outdoors that can be reliably affected by it to even warrant the attempt. If you find a corridor full of enemies, you can perform one, just one, Tailwind, and maybe possibly inflict a decent bit of damage on the last two enemies, but as every. single. reworker. predicted in the years running up to her rework, that's all you can do. Then you hit a wall, or land, or bend your beak in a corner, and can't turn around in time to capitalise on the damage, or even on the Status effect with Condition Overload melee, and if you try to use Parkour to turn around, you still lose your bonus because touching a wall counts as touching the ground and resets your bonus.

It was a bad change, and could have been left as the augment for her 2 as 'Airburst Vortex' or as just regular 'Dive Bomb Vortex' because that would have been a functional cast.

On the other hand:

4 hours ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

allow flight

W... why?!?!?! It does literally nothing for her. It barely does anything for Hildryn. The only reason that both Hildryn and Titania have any kind of benefit to flying around is Hildryn has a fantastic CC ability attached to it (which would work better if she wasn't flying, she doesn't need to fly to use that) and Titania gets to shrink down (negating 90% of the functional problems with flight) and use some of the most damaging Ability Weapons in the game.

Flying for Zephyr would either be slow, clunky, or straight up pointless.

What Zephyr needs, more than anything else, is her Mobility back. And I don't mean just going from point A to point B fast. Mobility vs Speed is a matter of how precise you can be. And if Zephyr's 1 was changed a little, if that Hover she was given was made part of her Mobility and not an anti-Mobility cast... then she would have that.

Take the animation lock off Tailwind, make Hover castable anywhere (on the ground or in the air) for a half-second Hold, which means that the length of the Hover can be an actual Duration instead of being based on the Charge time (and she doesn't have to spend 3 seconds squatting, not moving, on the ground where Melee enemies can get her, waiting to fart out whatever lifting gas that is...) and make the Hover stop her Momentum after a Dash.

That's it, that's all she needs. You can then Tailwind, use her existing 'steering in mid-air' passive to turn and angle your direction because there's no Animation lock, and repeat Tailwind with the tap, and at any time in the air you can do a quick, half-second, hold of the ability to just... stop and hover. It means you don't grind your beak on walls, you don't overshoot targets, you don't fly off the map when you don't want to... It's all there.

As a third little point, Dive Bomb has suffered for years, it's time to put it to better use. With the new Directional Ground Slam, just put Dive Bomb into her Passive as a custom Direction Ground Slam animation which also buffs the damage by a small amount based on your height.

Apologies for my over-the-top response... flying on Zephyr is literally the one thing that gets me every time...

On 2019-03-15 at 5:09 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

This rework to Target Fixation has never once been up to par. It is a self-negating augment that you can't use indoors and there are not enough enemies outdoors that can be reliably affected by it to even warrant the attempt. If you find a corridor full of enemies, you can perform one, just one, Tailwind, and maybe possibly inflict a decent bit of damage on the last two enemies, but as every. single. reworker. predicted in the years running up to her rework, that's all you can do. Then you hit a wall, or land, or bend your beak in a corner, and can't turn around in time to capitalise on the damage, or even on the Status effect with Condition Overload melee, and if you try to use Parkour to turn around, you still lose your bonus because touching a wall counts as touching the ground and resets your bonus.

It was a bad change, and could have been left as the augment for her 2 as 'Airburst Vortex' or as just regular 'Dive Bomb Vortex' because that would have been a functional cast.

On the other hand:

W... why?!?!?! It does literally nothing for her. It barely does anything for Hildryn. The only reason that both Hildryn and Titania have any kind of benefit to flying around is Hildryn has a fantastic CC ability attached to it (which would work better if she wasn't flying, she doesn't need to fly to use that) and Titania gets to shrink down (negating 90% of the functional problems with flight) and use some of the most damaging Ability Weapons in the game.

What Zephyr needs, more than anything else, is her Mobility back. And I don't mean just going from point A to point B fast. Mobility vs Speed is a matter of how precise you can be. And if Zephyr's 1 was changed a little, if that Hover she was given was made part of her Mobility and not an anti-Mobility cast... then she would have that.

Take the animation lock off Tailwind, make Hover castable anywhere (on the ground or in the air) for a half-second Hold, which means that the length of the Hover can be an actual Duration instead of being based on the Charge time (and she doesn't have to spend 3 seconds squatting, not moving, on the ground where Melee enemies can get her, waiting to fart out whatever lifting gas that is...) and make the Hover stop her Momentum after a Dash.

That's it, that's all she needs. You can then Tailwind, use her existing 'steering in mid-air' passive to turn and angle your direction because there's no Animation lock, and repeat Tailwind with the tap, and at any time in the air you can do a quick, half-second, hold of the ability to just... stop and hover. It means you don't grind your beak on walls, you don't overshoot targets, you don't fly off the map when you don't want to... It's all there.

As a third little point, Dive Bomb has suffered for years, it's time to put it to better use. With the new Directional Ground Slam, just put Dive Bomb into her Passive as a custom Direction Ground Slam animation which also buffs the damage by a small amount based on your height.

Apologies for my over-the-top response... flying on Zephyr is literally the one thing that gets me every time...

Great way to captialize on it. Their 1 is clunky as much as vauban's bastille. Going into detail here helps the developer test team to sit down and test mechanics in the developer build.As long as we can encourage the developers to move towards great progress then we can see it.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-15 at 5:09 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

On the other hand:

I wish I could upvote this more than once. Couldn't have said it better myself.

E: While I'd love it if Target Fixation became Airburst Vortex, I don't want it to sh't all over Vauban's Vortex. That said, it needs to do the job better than Divebomb Vortex did. Typically DV would just fling enemies toward the impact point and past it and kinda all over the place. Airburst Vortex should create a very short duration tornado that pulls enemies into it and keeps them there before vanishing and dropping them, functioning like a weaker VV. This way, Zephyr would have some (sensible) synergy within her kit, as opposed to whatever Airburst->Tornado is supposed to do right now.

E2: Wanted to highlight what I'd like to see most.

Edited by Xrkr
  • Like 1