Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe is draining my Switch in Docked mode

(NSW)Lavi

Not sure how else to put this...  I can't be the only one who has this, right?

When I play warframe on my switch it's always in docked mode (all my games are usually docked) and 4 times now I've caught the game draining my switch's power supply, while it's plugged in/docked/etc.

Why I assume it's the game: When I close the warframe app and leave my switch on the main screen or turn it off, it will slowly recharge as per normal. Don't have to adjust the switch or touch a cord, or anything, charges right back up when the games closed. The dock/cable all appear to be fine, and as I've played hundreds of hours of other games on my switch (splatoon 2 etc) I think maybe its an optimization problem/performance issue with the game? I dunno what else it could be tbh. My room is very well vented with fans and the switch doesn't overheat itself i don't think, it does get a little hot after hours but not enough to shut off.

Does anyone else have this issue? I think I may have reported this one before, but after the 4th time I figured it's worth saying again, incase maybe anyone else is experiencing this issue

So, I just booted up warframe to do the daily things and the gift of the lotus that just dropped, and it drained my switch in dock again. I closed it, and opened splatoon 2 instead, and the switch charged back up after a while... 😞 warframe must have an optimization problem.. hopefully the devs can find/ squash this cause it's almost knocked out my switch if i didn't notice it was sucking out the power. Oof!

Yeah, original dock and power supply. And sometimes it doesn't drain it at all, sometimes I can play for many hours and it'll be just fine, but sometimes I boot the game up for like 10 minutes and see it sucking my switch's power. It's really hard to pin down what's doing it other than optimization issues

Edited by (NSW)Lavi

On 2019-03-17 at 6:37 PM, (NSW)Lavi said:

Yeah, original dock and power supply. And sometimes it doesn't drain it at all, sometimes I can play for many hours and it'll be just fine, but sometimes I boot the game up for like 10 minutes and see it sucking my switch's power. It's really hard to pin down what's doing it other than optimization issues

Never had this problem. Maybe your power supply in your house or apartment is weak? My friend's is like taht lol but he too doesn't have this problem, I don't think. If anything, it takes way longer to charge his thing

Considering it only happens when warframe is running I'm still kind of suspect, considering the game still crashes so very often.

I played splatoon 2 for like 6hrs the other day and just left it running idle, stayed at 100% the whole time. Before then, warframe had been running and dropped its power in the dock. I might get another dock or power supply in the future but since it's only this one game I'll just hold off or play handheld I suppose

I'm so glad to know someone else is having this, I was about to give in and send my Switch in for repairs! I really hope something can be done to optimize/lessen the strain of the game. I've been trying to keep my switch very well vented atleast, it might help