The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Baruuk's bug after melee rework

Drunkenwhalr

Just had this occur a few times on Hydron.  :/

Edit: when his 4th is cancelled he wields the melee (had Gram Prime equipped) and none of the attacks work, but the first 3 abilities on Baruuk and all attacks on operator still work.

Edited by CountX
addition
  • Like 1

Yesterday I reported this bug that happened with the Excalibur's Exalted Blade, some dudes says that it's happening with Valkyr's Hysteria. Apparently it affects all exalted abilities. When I switch to a gear (like the fishing spear) it goes back to normal.

Edited by Macruger

Had the same bug today, 2 times on helene, saturn. I thought maybe it was something in combination with the zenistar, but since I found this post I'm having my doubts.
At first I tried to switch weapons, that didn't work. And when I hit 4 it keeps saying the ability is already active. Switching into operator also didn't work. I think (but I'm not sure because I didn't keep an eye on it) I got out of the bug when my restraint was full again.

Happens to me when melee is equipped before activating 4. If you activate it with a primary or secondary equipped it doesn’t seem to cause the glitch. It might even be more likely melee being equipped when its deactivated is the cause but I’ll need to test that. In any case its probably something to do with switching out of exalted melee into melee when the melee state is already active. I imagine something during that state change completes the deactivation of 4 so it never gets turned off completely, melee weapon gets equiped but the state gets swapped to melee off, just a guess though. All that said I’ve found if you activate your other abilities and attempt to swap weapons and deactivate the 4 ability fairly rapidly it will fix the issue.

I encounter this often and the workaround of firing your primary/secondary weapon before deactivating 4 seems to avoid it consistently.

But I just had my worst experience yet with this bug. Was leveling a melee weapon on Helene and I had no other weapon aside from that melee weapon equipped. When the bug occurred, I couldn't do anything, nor could I fix it (the previous tip about swapping weapons and/or spamming abilities fixed it in the past).

Operator mode, jumping into a pit.. no effect. I guess I could have tried dying, but the opportunity didn't come up. I just remained useless for the remaining 4 rounds.

I've been experiencing a similar thing with both Excalibur and Valkyr while using their exalted weapons. The issue does seem to be connected to the exalted weapons. Started happening after the melee update, I think. It happened to me for the first time with Valkyr during the surface part of the boss fight of Buried Debts. I haven't figured out the cause yet. The effects seem to be a little random. Usually it happens that I can neither use any abilities nor weapons, can't switch weapons, game tells me ability is in use when I try to (de)activate it. Sometimes I can't interact with other things in the environment. Sometimes it helps to switch to the Operator, but that doesn't always work. Sometimes I found dying is the only option, but one can't do that all the time.