The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gaze causing BIG Fps drops????

PsychoticHeaven

So Ive been pulling my hair out for a week now wondering why I was getting huge fps loss during missions. It was at random, no matter what was going on in the mission, usually once or twice every minute or two it would drop from 200fps all the way to 10-20fps for a second then shoot back up!. At first I thought it was from a hotfix but couldnt find anything or anyone with the issue, so I checked, double checked drivers etc on both my machines and its not my machines either as both are over the req for max settings@1080p and both checked out while playing other games with zero issues! So tonight the fps drops magically disappeared, and again went nuts trying to figure out wtf I changed besides my loadout lol!!!.....So I went with the obvious.....my loadout. 6 forma over a week for the Gaze.....I dont even have to have it equipped or firing...just in my loadout and the fps goes buhbye!! There are times that there is a ton of stuff on the screen and Im firing it, and no fps drops. Thats whats odd, there isn't really a cause...it just happens at random like I stated above. When I remove the Gaze(Gaze/Haymaker/Splat) and hop back in a mission, all is well. I dunno if its with the Gaze itself or the kit gun combo.

I confirm, tested it both in missions and in simulacron with no enemies spawned. Using the Gaze against, say, a surface (which will make it emit those particle effects) makes it so the game takes a dive in terms of FPS. I have a RTX 2070 which allows me to run the game at max graphics at a resolution of 2560x1440 at 144FPS steadily but the moment my gaze beam hits an enemy or surface and start emiting a lot of particle effects, my frames drop from 144 to 50-70 for a secon or 2 then instantly go back to 144.

Edited by VieuxPappy