The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Valkyr Hysteria glitch

Sahnveyo

A somewhat problematic issue I have occured. I'll keep this short and simple.

(I only did testing with Silva & Aegis, not the prime or other S&S weapons)

If you have melee out, activate Hysteria (4), walk into a Nullifier's bubble, melee becomes glitched, you cannot use weapons, and your shield is expanded. Melee & Weapon switching is impossible.

Temporary fix involves Operator form. Press F, hit 5, hit 5 again, RMB, and it should fix this issue. 

This prevents ADS, Weapon Switching, Rolling/Dodging, Melee Attacks, and Firing afaik.

Also happens with Excalibur Umbra and Exalted Blade, which is a rather similar ability to Valkyr's Hysteria, which uses her talons. I added a forma to my Valkyr and have not been running missions with her as much lately, so I haven't noticed this glitch with her yet.

I've been running most of my missions with Excalibur Umbra and have noticed this issue every time I run into a Nullifier's bubble if I've got Exalted Blade on. I figured it would happen to Valkyr as well. 

Isnt just from walking into a nullifier’s bubble although that is most common way to trigger the issue. Anything which ends Hysteria, including running out of energy or purposely de-activating the ability, seems to have a chance of causing the weapon-switch error. And same would probably apply to Exalted Blade.

At a guess it’s being caused by the coding getting confused by the “uninterrupted combat” change and Ability produced melee weapons. Short term solution would probably be to not equip any melee weapons if you plan to use Hysteria or Exalted blade (and not have to spend time mid-mission trying to get unstuck) although have yet to try such since Venka<3

(also seems to be effecting the loadout selection screen for the Talons too displaying your equipped melee stance).

Edited by SteelDog

To add to the discussion here, I have had a congruent experience to SteelDog in that the glitch happens when energy runs out while in Hysteria. For me, it's not just a weapon swap glitch—it makes it so I can perform no actions apart from running and bullet jumping. Cannot even enter operator mode. Only by dying and reviving myself can I fix the issue.

Valkyr here. It happens a lot. Seemed to start a day (or half a day) before one of the event hotfixes dropped. (I wish I could remember which it was. I think it may have begun the day before Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.2).

I have not noticed Nullifiers triggering this specifically. Sometimes it happens when Hysteria runs out or even when I 4 out of it. I will then be unable to switch weapons or use weapons, while appearing to hold the melee weapon stiffly in one hand. Running and bullet-jumping is possible, but no abilities.

The only fix I found to reliably work is entering and exiting Archwing (where possible), or dying (the only choice in non-flying missions).

[ Operator mode occasionally helps, but most of the time it won't activate at all in that condition, since abilities seem locked. (And I might be misremembering this, because I have a similar issue when switching back from a heavy weapon, although that's something different and affects all frames.) ]

Edit: Okay, so operator mode works, but it just goes back to the glitched Valkyr upon transferring back. A fix without dying has been the Archgun with Gravimag installed.

Edited by SliverAeon
Additional Information

Same here with exalted blade. Anything that cancels exalted blade, including manually deactivating it, causes this problem. It's not always, but 50/50 is bad enough.
Almost all exalted weapons have reported this bug.