Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host migration whenever loading into PoE/Orb Vallis

Maks_204

Question

For a few months now, I've been facing an issue where whenever I try to load directly by myself or already in a squad into the Orb Vallis or Plains of Eidolon thought the star map into my orbiter and I join a squad, the second I have completely loaded in, a host migration will occur, my game will freeze up for a bit, then a message will be displayed on the screen 'Your connection to the host has been lost. You will be returned to the multiplayer menu.'. After that I will be returned to my orbiter and sometimes a message will pop up along the lines of 'You were unexpectedly disconnected from your squad, would you like to attempt to reconnect?'. It I try to do that, the same thing will just happen again.

I don't experience this problem if loading into Vallis/PoE solo, or if I am in a squad and we enter through the gates from Cetus or Fortuna. However, if I am trying to leave Deck 12 after fighting the Exploiter Orb phase 1, I will also be host migrated out of the game and returned to my orbiter. 

I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, and nobody in region chat, my clan, or my alliance knows how to fix it. If anyone knows how to fix this bug, that would be really great because it stops me from doing the Exploiter in a squad and wastes a lot of time.

2 answers to this question

I can't add anything here except that the exact same thing happens to me. We've worked around it before now by me loading in first and then inviting the others, but with the forced load between zones that doesn't work for the exploiter orb fight. If I host everyone else drops and if someone else hosts I drop at the transition back to the vallis after phase 1. I'm assuming it's related to my rather underpowered laptop (GPU is an integrated Intel HD 4000) although I do meet the minimum specs (laptop has an i7 3537U CPU, 8GB of ram, game installed on an SSD). This lock up and freeze does effect me on loading into other missions as well sometimes, but it's a constant with Orb Vallis. It's the reason I stopped playing Warframe years ago, and I was sad to come back and still have it happening.

The strange thing is that a hotfix or two ago it worked for one night. The load times were a bit long but with a friend hosting we did four runs of the exploiter orb back to back (going back to Fortuna each time to save progress). I have no idea what changed, but I'm now back to not being able to do it.