The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Patcher searching endless for Updates and freezes

wirecard

Hi everyone,

since this morning, I'm no longer able to launch the game, because the Launcher gets stuck in the "Search for Updates"  task and searches endlessly for updates. In addition to that, if i try to manually override the initial search task by choosing another language, the launcher doesn't respond to anything and freezes. Therefore I can't start the game. This happens to both the Steam installation and the Standalone Installation. If i reopen the Patcher after swapping language, it applies the former change but gets stuck anyway. 

If i click on "Whats New" / "Prime Access" / "Build Notes" , it doesn't get stuck, but the  "Build Notes" Tab stays empty.

This leads me to the conclusion that the Patch-Servers are temporarily overwhelmed by inquiries from a lot of Players, but since it is the first time i encounter that issue, i'm not that sure at all. But I find it hard to believe that, since it is Sunday Morning 11:15 when i first encountered that issue, this is a timeframe where i can imagine that this is not a peak time. I also like to be proven wrong with my conclusions, if anyone knows how to fix this issue i'd be very happy.

I'm looking forward to a fast Solution and appreciate any knowledge from any source in regard to this topic.

Have a nice Sunday