The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: Ignis Causes Host To Timeout

Volunterrorist

I was doing a T3 Defense today, and lost connection to the host 3 times in a row with just minutes apart, while I was using my ignis. Everyone else also lost connection to the host, only the host was still in the game.

I decided to stop using it and switched to my acrid, and once that happened, we had no more issues.

It seems like you guys made Ignis do AoE by making it basically like a rocket -- when you hit a surface, it creates an invisible explosion, which causes the massive AoE (which also explains why the ignis only breaks venom spores when you hit them straight on)

I think that by causing the new Ignis AoE, it's causing the game massive lag.

thks for yo time, baby.

Dunno, it immediately stopped when I stopped using it.

THANK GOD I'm not the only one! I've tried to track down this bug for a few weeks now, since the survival weekend took place. It's gotten to the point where I can't even play online with my Ignis anymore. I either start to lag like hell(client) or lag everyone else out(host), like you. Have you by chance formaed your Ignis?

Also, what system specs do you have? I'll list mine.

Intel Q9650 3GHZ

4GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 480 1,5GB

Sennheiser USB Headset

Windows XP SP3 32bit

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/101847-possible-bug-researchneed-a-favor-from-ignis-users/

Yeah found this out myself last night although didn't link it to the ignis, thought I had a buggy host or something. Was mucking around with a rapid fire macro (the kind that can spam 120 rounds in .5 seconds) and it host migrated to the same host with just me and him and 2 others left. It was all fine before wave's but during you can notice the lag. It needs a rounds per second cap or something.

the only problem we have is the performance.

i have no problems while shooting it, but my team inside the flames has some serious troubles and performance drops.

graphics driver not responding and those things.

maybe a few less effects could be usefull?

Edited by LazerusKI

the only problem we have is the performance.

i have no problems while shooting it, but my team inside the flames has some serious troubles and performance drops.

graphics driver not responding and those things.

maybe a few less effects could be usefull?

It's most assuredly not a performance bug, but a netcode bug. I had a quite an enlightened experience today. I in a OD Defence mission with two other players, both using Ignis. Up until wave 10 there was no problem at all, but when we approached wave 12 or 13, I started feeling the familiar lag I usually get when playing with my Ignis as client, with my upload shooting through the roof and all. I asked the others, but they said were still fine. At about wave 16 or so, the other client started lagging really badly as well, and by wave 19, my fps gradually slowed down to a crawl. Then the connection to the host was lost and my fps instantly went back to normal, as well as all the lag disappeared(enemies not running on the spot anymore, etc.)

That, and the fact that the lag, once it sets in, some of us Ignis users experience persists even while not firing make it very likely that "Steves code sucks" for the Ignis.