Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No New Twohanded Swords?

Demon-King-Lamb

Awe! Dude. Each new major update I hope for an awesome two handed sword. There's only one! Plenty of one handed swords. Or even duel wielding blades. The least you can do is build one more wicked looking two handed sword. After losing my supercharged Gram and Orthos from U10. I would like to have an awesome sword being wielded with both hands. A sword that the warriors of Valhalla would desire!

Bring the Nordic, barbarian, and celtic blood to warframe!

Then the Rhino will kick even more Infested!

Many of you will ask "what do you mean lost Gram and Orthos?"

Well I sold the Grakata and the Kogake. And so I noticed my Orthos and Gram were gone :(

~Demon King Lamb

Live now & Die later

DE is getting more and more into Oriental themes.
Every update further points toward it (Hence the sand gardens and Chinese statue decorations), so even though my debit card would take a beating at the release of a new Claymore weapon (sorry, not a skin. I'd like a real weapon) I have my doubts that they'll be developing on for a while.
The Dakka Prime is the closest we might be getting for awhile, and it's a curved hilt rapier.

DE is getting more and more into Oriental themes.

Every update further points toward it (Hence the sand gardens and Chinese statue decorations), so even though my debit card would take a beating at the release of a new Claymore weapon (sorry, not a skin. I'd like a real weapon) I have my doubts that they'll be developing on for a while.

The Dakka Prime is the closest we might be getting for awhile, and it's a curved hilt rapier.

I can most certainly settle for a Dai Katana, which is the equivalent of a claymore.

I can most certainly settle for a Dai Katana, which is the equivalent of a claymore.

It most certainly is not!

The Daikatana is a large Katana meant to used from horseback. It is curved, has the typical oriental round hilt, and a very large grip. A Claymore has a shorter grip for non-mounted combat, a straight two-sided blade, and is lighter. Two completely different swords. There was no specific Oriental equivalent of a Claymore. Most swords in Japan and China were fairly short if not meant for horseback (in which you would have to be Sephiroth to use unmounted).

that's what the Dakka Prime is... a weapon whose name implies that it's a HMG/LMG, and it's a melee weapon?

DE clearly doesn't play Warhammer or pay attention to memes.

(Though it's not what I was expecting, either.)

It most certainly is not!

The Daikatana is a large Katana meant to used from horseback. It is curved, has the typical oriental round hilt, and a very large grip. A Claymore has a shorter grip for non-mounted combat, a straight two-sided blade, and is lighter. Two completely different swords. There was no specific Oriental equivalent of a Claymore. Most swords in Japan and China were fairly short if not meant for horseback (in which you would have to be Sephiroth to use unmounted).

Have you ever wielded a claymore before? The Dai-Katana is from a game called Morrowind. But yes it is meant for horse back riding. So is the claymore. The claymore actually has a long handle much like the Dai-Katana to even out the imbalance of the blade. Having a short handle on a really long sword will get you killed or you just have giant freaking arms to take on that weighted sword. The Dai-Katana would weigh a lot less or just the same as a Claymore. Claymores are range from Broad to a sharp triangular blade (not very effective against infantry. but great for getting through the gaps on a knights armor)

*Sigh you don't have to be Sephiroth or what ever mutant they pulled him out of. You just need to be a strong, skilled warrior to wield any blade. That is the rule of training. Not any one can pick up a weapon and call them self a warrior or killer. You have to have the skill and technique.

Have you ever wielded a claymore before? The Dai-Katana is from a game called Morrowind. But yes it is meant for horse back riding. So is the claymore. The claymore actually has a long handle much like the Dai-Katana to even out the imbalance of the blade. Having a short handle on a really long sword will get you killed or you just have giant freaking arms to take on that weighted sword. The Dai-Katana would weigh a lot less or just the same as a Claymore. Claymores are range from Broad to a sharp triangular blade (not very effective against infantry. but great for getting through the gaps on a knights armor)

*Sigh you don't have to be Sephiroth or what ever mutant they pulled him out of. You just need to be a strong, skilled warrior to wield any blade. That is the rule of training. Not any one can pick up a weapon and call them self a warrior or killer. You have to have the skill and technique.

I still agree with ya! But a Claymore is (obviously) much sturdier and the entire point of this post is for European weapons it seems, I love the Daikatana however >:3