The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe graphical glitch (random blue flashes)

lceAngelx

Since the last update, I have been having blue flashes in missions. Yes, I know that when you get shot at, you see blue on your HUD but this happens even when I am nowhere near enemies. This issue happens repeatedly and running my GPU at stock speeds doesn't fix the issue. This only happens in Warframe by the way. I am using the latest Nvidia driver (419.67) I recorded my issue here: 

Did you do a clean install of the drivers? Have you recently optimized the Game Cache? Have you tried running in DX10 to see if the issue persists? Are you using G-Sync or running above 60fps? Do the Blue Flashes happen at specific times or areas, or are they just random? Have you tested other games to see if it happens in them? Are these questions annoying?

3 hours ago, Xixott said:

Did you do a clean install of the drivers? Have you recently optimized the Game Cache? Have you tried running in DX10 to see if the issue persists? Are you using G-Sync or running above 60fps? Do the Blue Flashes happen at specific times or areas, or are they just random? Have you tested other games to see if it happens in them? Are these questions annoying?

I reinstalled the latest driver and tried the 2nd newest driver. I optimized the cache after having this issue but it didn't solve it. I haven't tried DX10 but will do that although I have been using DX11 since forever and never once had an issue like this. I am not using g-sync and usually have 100+ fps unless I am on the Plains or in Orb Vallis. They seem to be random and no other game I have tested gives this issue. I've tried games that are mostly GPU bound and they don't have random blue flashes. Also no, your questions aren't annoying haha. I hope my GPU's vram isn't on its way out. It seems like a Warframe issue but I'll give DX10 a try anyway and will reply here with results.

My only other reasonable suggestions are to test your RAM Slots, make sure your UEFI/BIOS is up to date, put your CPU at stock speeds if overclocked, and/or taking out your GPU and plugging it back in. One of my unreasonable suggestions would be to clean your PC of dust because that would assume that you never maintain your computer.

I think this issue has been fixed. Not sure if me reinstalling the game or the latest update fixed it but I played PoE remastered and usually the blue flickering starts happening after about 2-3 minutes. It seems to no longer be happening 🙂