The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Optimizing Download Cache not working.

Budley

Everytime I launch the game, I keep getting the prompt to optimize exactly 524 MB of my download cache. Even when I let the launcher finish optimizing it and then close and relaunch the game, it keeps asking me to optimize 524 MB.

Every now and then when we get a big update, that number increases to, for example, 600MB, and when I optimize and then relaunch, I get the same prompt again for 524 MB.

And I have noticed longer loading times because of this.

Possibly related, every time I try to "Optimize [my] install" on my PC at about 80% I get thrown to this page:

https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail

The optimize process continues nonetheless, and I can play the game normally, but when I reload the application it asks me again if I want to optimize and I still have the same (2270MB) amount of "wasted" HD space.

Going through the items on that list:
1. I have a dell XPS 8300 running an intel i7-2600 processor, not overclocked, and 12GB of ram.
2. I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960 and the latest GameReady drivers.
3/4. Was unable to detect any issues with either RAM or HD.
5. Machine appears to be running at normal temperatures, and I clean it regularly.
6. I have seen no evidence of a faltering power supply.

Anyone else encountering similar issues?

On 2019-04-06 at 9:43 AM, thurmack said:

Possibly related, every time I try to "Optimize [my] install" on my PC at about 80% I get thrown to this page:

https://www.warframe.com/en/hardwarefail

The optimize process continues nonetheless, and I can play the game normally, but when I reload the application it asks me again if I want to optimize and I still have the same (2270MB) amount of "wasted" HD space.

Going through the items on that list:
1. I have a dell XPS 8300 running an intel i7-2600 processor, not overclocked, and 12GB of ram.
2. I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960 and the latest GameReady drivers.
3/4. Was unable to detect any issues with either RAM or HD.
5. Machine appears to be running at normal temperatures, and I clean it regularly.
6. I have seen no evidence of a faltering power supply.

Anyone else encountering similar issues?

Yup, I keep getting a notice to optimize the installation and trim wasted 965 mb of wasted HD space.