Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Network/Power Outages Cause Wireless DC

deadmauDJ

Hi Warframe community,

I noticed that when the the Nintendo Switch is purposed wirelessly and inclimate weather conditions or similar instances cause a power outage, the console's wireless disconnection causes solo missions to hard-return to the login screen featuring the Digital Extremes and Pan!c Button logos, forfeiting all progress.

Easily-wired-connection platforms such as the PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One retain their mission state until the connection is reestablished. Bandwidth instability does not cause this issue, though.

Just a scenario I found noteworthy; thanks for reading.

that is not fully correct - even with a PC this can happen (kicked back to login screen). it's mostly a question of how the disconnection was and if the public IP was changed or not after re-connecting to the ISP and/or DEs login-server. ofc, there IS one thing that the PC version likely has and maybe the other consoles too (i don't use them, so i can't check for it) and this might be an identification of ones computer toward the server - else, if the IP is changing, only the MAC would be a way to re-identify a computer after a DC. the lengh of a DC is likely also a part of this - after some time, a server won't be accepting a client back into the network without a propper authentification.

the wireless connection, as far as it goes for ones own, privat network (your home net) is of no consequence IF it's correctly implemented (as it should, or you should damn well do something about it anyway). a wireless uplink, though, CAN be a problem - with uplink i mean the connection of your own privat network to the ISP (who in turn handle the connection to the internet for you). if you use none-cable bound ways of connecting to the ISP (e.g. 3g, 4g, 5g or worse, a satelite uplink) you always prone to DC-issues (except if you might have a VIP-contract with your ISP) because even though the ISP might claim you have 'upto' 100Mbit/s, it's for one the 'upto' part being a very relativ condition and for anothe, they don't mention how stabil your connection is. a telltale prove for such wireless-uplink annoyance is when you are client to such a host and can observe a heavy oscillating latency (ping) ranging from low pings to very high ones. it isn't the only reason for such, but nowadays far more common then the host downloading certain 'things' ^^)   those connection are very prone to produce a DC of the clients (or, if the client is the one with a wireless uplink, he gets thrown into his own instance... or back to the ship, or even back to the login).

ways to prevent the loss of progress and rewards exists, and DE should implement some of them into the game, especially since it always was a p2p-game with all the problems of such - until (and IF) they do, one should at least take care of one owns side of the net, by using cable-bond connections to the ISP (e.g. DSL, cable-modem) and try to do missions as the host (only way to make sure you are the host though, is by starting the misison with at least on other player being invited to your team before starting it).