The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Evolution Engine Crashes

Demonoid

It's so lame that we have this error engine and they're (admins) do nothing at all. We support them from the beggining and the price for that is nothing. What are we want? to fix that problem that some users of us we cannot play as long as we want. For god shake.

Everything that has happened to Demonoid and everyone else on this thread has regrettably happened to me to. It also happens occasionally to my friend as well. Going leaps and bounds to fix this issue and it still happens. From time to time I'll get lucky enough to go 1-3 missions fine but then I'll crash profusely. I today have just achieved my record of crashing 40 seconds into a mission. GG Warframe. I wonder if there's a problem with AMD and Warframe. Maybe the large RAM load causes AMD to spaz out and kill warframe... just a specualtion on my part since I use AMD. I pray the dev's find a solution soon. (And sooner than the 2 months everyone has had problems with! Seriously, this has been going on for 2 months.)

After hotfix number 5 (11.0.5), the game crashes in 2 out of 3 missions, doesn't matter which one. I have only experienced a game crash once before, long time ago (unrelated).

I spend 30 mins doing survival, the game crashes, I take my time to write an in depth analysis of what I was doing when the crash happened --> No connection to crash reporting server. Result, I have wasted 45 minutes. It's sad enough that I waste my time on computer games, but when I get nothing at all in return it makes me think of why I am playing this game. It's certainly not worth giving away my time for free.

I know It's beta and all, but they could at least contribute with some error codes, so we can troubleshoot the problem.

Edited by Rikkely

The thing I'd like to see, is a bit more communication between the 50% of warframe players that are having these crashes and the guys trying to fix these issues. A small "Did the hotfix cure your crashing?" Isn't going to work when you don't answer back anyways. The fact that this has gone on for two whole months and continuing is quite frankly astonishing. It's causing a lot of players, including those who have spent a good amount of money on this game, to quit. Despite all of this I've seen multiple threads on this same issue... with very little feed back from warframe. Not saying that they do, but all it does is start making people think that they don't care.

Edited by Ateren

Newest update anyone? Ive got those crashes after new update. I tryed everything. I even bought new RAM and HDD(i was going to do so but this speeded up purchase because i was thinking this will solve those crashes,i play only Warframe on my pc). I reinstalled windows,re downloaded game,trying to play with everything on low...nothing,crashes still apears. In solo or online doesn't matter. I ranked up so i was trying to do those tut mission for next rank or what it is called and 2TIMES it crashed on loading screen so i must AGAIN wait 24hours to do this lol.One time because crashes i lost my Ash blueprints lmao

My Rig:

Gtx 260 Stock

Q8200 2,4ghz so Stock not Oced

6Gigs of ram

Umm sorry for 2 posts but i got something. I installed Razer Game Booster for other game i bought with new thingy to my PC and....Warframe appears not to crash anymore LOL.I played 3hours without pause and game didn't crashed! I dont know wtf maybe thats just from me but it looks like running game via this game booster helped lmao

Umm sorry for 2 posts but i got something. I installed Razer Game Booster for other game i bought with new thingy to my PC and....Warframe appears not to crash anymore LOL.I played 3hours without pause and game didn't crashed! I dont know wtf maybe thats just from me but it looks like running game via this game booster helped lmao

I will try this!

Edit: It didn't work... still crashing. Back to square one.

Edited by Ateren

I have no idea if anyone actualy posted something about this, but I find out once deleting certain things (microsoft Visual C++ of 2011 and less) that my game won't even load up at all, it instant crash after the launcher

My guesses are your computer uses somewhat "intelligent" bots that destroys old and unneeded files, or the awsome fact on how the NTFS works made few of those library unreadable, for those that it crashes ingame, I suggest repairing all of your microsoft visual C++ applications installed (even the old ones) and make a good Defrag of your entire disk where the libraries are.

See if it works or not, I sure do hope it will as I #*($%%@ my game more then it should upon deleting, if no improvement, the problem lies in the engine itself, the engines calls for Library that the computer doesn't yield and cause the application to crash. 

Veb38

then the single option of C++ library not being updated properly remains, I'll give it a try and edit this post if it worked on my end

EDIT***

everything is working good for me: 

- I've did my updates

- I've installed the latest .NET Framework

Since I've seen much people doing they're updates and nothing, I suggest you try the .NET Framework, it should be the 4.5.1 version. Also, I've noticed my updates gave me 2008 C++ Visual redistributable that could also be the solution. So check your updates as well.

Veb38

Edited by veb38

I see a litany of nVidia cards in this...

Try disabling the nVidia sound system driver on the card under Device Manager. This helped with some of my crashing. Now I just get crashing when I try to use DX11 mode, even though I have a DX11 card (and all drivers, etc are up to date, as is .NET).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tonight I just started getting the problem of the engine freezing and crashing when zooming in on planets while in anything that isn't solo mode. I tried verifying through the Warframe launcher and through Steam (Said I was missing 181 files) which just basically redownloaded the game for no effect.

EDIT: Problem seems to have fixed itself the next day, so... eeehhhh... yaaay?

Edited by MusashiKagehide

kind of the same here, i seem to be able to do everything, but as soon as i start a game/round it just freezes for 10 seconds while the sound in the background continues and then the game closes and the error reporter opens...

everything is up to date and have tried multiple settings enc enc. there is no offcial reason why this keeps happening but its getting very anoying...

Guest zanium

I am unable to play any missions today .. Till yesterday everything was working fine ..

Game crashes every 1 min ... 

Edited by zanium

• 3 weeks later...

Well I decide to try and give this game a go again, I figured its been about half a year since I quit, so maybe its fixed.. nope. Having the exact same issue as when I gave up back in September.. I'd love to play this game and my computer can easily do so, just these crashes prevent me from playing at all.

I log in, launch the game, and every time after exactly 5 minutes it crashes with the same windows error notification "Evolution has stopped working." I might as well give up on this game entirely as it appears their never going to fix this issue.. Games been completely unplayable for me since July 2013.. it shouldn't take a year+ to fix this, that's utterly ridiculous.

Again, these are my PC specs:

OS - Windows 7 home Premium 64 bit

MOBO - ASRock Z77 Professional

CPU - i7-3770K @ 4.5ghz

RAM - 16GB Corsair DDR3 Ram @ 1600mhz

GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti FTW+

Storage *1 - Samsung 840 Pro Series 128 GB SSD

Storage *2 - Western Digital Black 500GB 7200RPM

Demonoid, the devs are unlikely to take your reports seriously unless you can reproduce the problems without the overclocking.

If you overclock, you might want to make sure your system is stable. e.g. can it run Prime95+Furmark for at least an hour without errors and temps staying well below recommended limits?