Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exterminate mission spawn rates are awful

Please increase the amount of enemies that spawn ahead of us or decrease the amount of enemies needed to be killed to complete the mission because I'm sick of going all the way to extraction before having to backtrack halfway back to spawn looking for more enemies to kill, there are even times when you're forced to go back and forth several times before getting enough kills to extract

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

A bit like those smelly Grineer know death is coming for them, so they hide wherever they can. This way you actually feel like some kind of cockroach exterminator. you don't get to walk onto the doormat, throw some bait and pour poison. You have to find where they are and kill them all personally

I get what you're saying but when those 'sneaky' Grineer are 'hiding' behind a staircase or some other spot where we can't kill them without AOE attacks it becomes rather annoying lol

Try slowing down. Because the game has limits on the number of enemies, and spawns enemies ahead of the player, if you push forward too quickly, you'll get to the end, at which point enemies can only spawn behind you, and have a much decreased spawn rate.

I think a good solution to this would actually be to require a certain amount of kills to progress past certain doors, and then those doors open with a bunch of enemies lying in wait. This kind of lockdown might feel a bit too stiffly formatted, but it provides a much needed element of control to exterminate missions, preventing enemies from spawning behind the player, and ensuring that enough enemies are present for the mission to be completed.

Basically, like the old PSOBB missions.

5 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Try slowing down. Because the game has limits on the number of enemies, and spawns enemies ahead of the player, if you push forward too quickly, you'll get to the end, at which point enemies can only spawn behind you, and have a much decreased spawn rate.

Thing is whether I speedrun or stroll through a exterminate mission there's usually a lot of areas where absolutely no enemies spawn, like entire areas of the map not just small rooms, if they can make enemies spawn evenly across the tileset  instead of groups of them in random parts of the map there wouldn't be a problem