The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma question

(XBOX)DoctahGxb1

Question

Hi, Just built Chroma and my one question is how do you select the element you want him to be using at a given time?  Does it change every time you select his 2?  Can't find the answer.  have some time till I build specific to an element but cant find out exactly hoe to switch/select and element.

Ty

4 answers to this question

You can change the element by chosing his energy colour in the arsenal:

• red, magenta, brown, orange and bright yellow hues being Heat b Heat
  • blue and purple hues being Electricity b Electric
  • green, lime, teal and dark yellow hues being Toxin b Toxin;
  • white, grey, black, and some faded colors being Cold b Cold.

You can't switch the elements during a mission though.

Edited by PurrrningBoop
  • Like 1

While I would be overjoyed if Chroma's passive was moved to be a chargeup version of his second ability (i.e: hold 2 to swap elements, draining energy to restore any missing health/shields as it happens) so his passive could be replaced with Adaptation, DE hasn't gotten around to the Chroma rework they said they would be doing.

Others have already provided their advice, but for your information: Secondary energy colour DOES NOT affect element. If it did, you'd get radiation, corrosive, etc...
Would like that, actually...

Tangential stuff related to what I'd wish DE did to fix Chroma:
Warning: What you are going to read if you open this spoiler will be my vision for Chroma, based on what is already known about him.

Spoiler

The full revisit/rework:

Spoiler

1: Changed passive to Adaptation, or otherwise add Adaptation to it with a 'higher resistance to selected element'.
1a: Alter Chroma's 2nd power to have a channeling variant that costs 75 energy total which restores health and shields while cycling to the next element selected via the 'alt-power' selection system that was introduced with Ivara, Vauban's revisit, etc...

2: Turn Spectral Scream into an Exalted weapon that adapts it's elemental damage based on enemy stats, showing all 4 base elements as separate attack modes, not unlike Hildryn's 1.
2a: Replace melee with a 'wing buffet' - the same one his pelt uses - while Spectral Screaming is active.
2b: Reloading Spectral Scream is possible, refreshing the 'magazine' to full and skipping the recharge phase. Doing this drains a fixed amount of energy, and includes the stunning scream the pelt does. Enemies killed whilst stunned drop more credits.

3: Chroma's 2nd ability has a channeling state where it swaps to another element. Sustaining this costs nothing, but the initial cast is 75 energy. While channeled, it would cycle through energy colours like those videos where the colour changes over time through the rainbow, hence, Chroma. The element-changing effect has a cooloff period that, if recasted during it without casting any other abilities, costs nothing but swaps back to the first element.

4: Vex Armour stacks it's maximum limit and maximum damage negation every time it is refreshed with incrementally higher costs.

5: Chroma's Effigy will follow him, and can be told to stay still like how you could order Specters to stay; the augment removes this in exchange for 'free roam control' over the pelt.
5a: Alternative ability: While Effigy is active, Chroma's Spectral Scream transforms into twin smaller firebeams-from-hands with both hands splayed and forward, borrowing animations from Void Beams from Operators, and he cannot scream or flap wings because his pelt isn't on him.
5b: Alternative Ult: An alternative ult which would be part of his kit would be a energy-draining ability which, whenever he aimglides, he aimglides forever and is unaffected by gravity; the wings would show and the pelt stays on. Using his revised 1st ability and it's sub-abilities cost nothing. This allows Chroma to be the half-Sentient Dragonframe he was designed to be.
5c: Chroma's Adaptation and Element-swapping skills are rendered unavailable while the pelt is not on him. His element would default to fire, but his pelt would wildly swap between all elements based on enemy weaknesses, changing colours like some kind of murder-raving machine.

The simple version:
But really, all I'd want DE to change for Chroma at the least is:
-His 1 being an Exalted weapon, with the flap and roar as additional attacks.
-Adaptation built into his 3.