Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some missing Tennogen Textures on Some Prime Frames

So I don't really know why this is, could be based around time, could be maybe they didn't notice, but there are a few frames where their Prime variants are missing some Tennogen Texture bits on them.  Equinox Prime and Rhino Prime being the two I'm mostly noticing.

Rhino has his Scarab Sect Skin, really good looking tennogen skin and helmet, and makes him look all shiny.  But when you put on his Prime Details, the added shoulder pauldrons, hip extention bits, and the bizarre spining thing on his back lack the proper Texture change to make parts of them shiny like the rest of the skin provides.

Equinox has this also great Tennogen skin; Divisa.  What saddens me is that the Prime transition looses most of the tennogen textures on the Night form parts.  Like the dress bits in Night Form (waist down) in addition to the arm fabric that extends from the forearms.  

I hope that someone in DE can see this and maybe make the adjustments required, and fix any other frames that may be lacking these texture bits.  Also what may help is if DE could give us a Metallic Color Palate, that way we could make our normal frames have a bit more shine to their standard color if we wanted it.  Maybe one day...

The textures for Prime Parts on TennoGen skins are not missing, they just don't exist because of how the Primes have seperate textures that don't get affected by TennoGen. It's why when equipping a TennoGen on a Prime, it reverts the model to the base version.

Also, metallic color palettes aren't going to happen considering metals are more of a texture pattern than just a color. 

Not necessarily true.  There are some frames that didn't display the Tennogen skin bits properly, which DE did fix and letting people know.  In the case of Rhino, yes, it does look like that none of his Tennogen skins overlap his added Prime parts (which is disappointing, as it really screws with the Fashion Frame I have going on..).  As mentioned before, the Scarab Sect skin makes Rhino have a Metallic shine to him, but put those Prime parts on and it's just the color of what ever is in the Primary Slot.  It just bothers me, like there could've been something done to those bits for sure.

As for Equinox, the parts that I did label that didn't have the textures, do have the textures on those parts on the regular Equinox.  Again, I'm not sure the reason why, but they are literally the same bits, just gussied up with extra Prime bits, and they don't have those textures.  I hope they get around to it, but I have to admit that it is rather disappointing that it does appear they skipped Tennogen bits on Equinox Prime.

Even if they are a Texture pattern, something could be done to make it work.  Multiple other MMOs have a form of Dye that can apply a Metallic Color (or texture) to certain parts of the gear/weapons.  It's small, but maybe once DE has some free time they could look into it, that's all I'm saying.

Again, you have to understand that the TennoGen skins don't affect the Prime Parts. DE fixing TennoGen skins not appearing Primes is not the same as them modifying their textures to go with community made ones. It's not something they have to fix because, it's not something that they intended to do.

And yes, DE could make metallic color patterns work, but it would mean going through every single Warframe texture, every single skin (which may intervene with some TennoGen artists' design intention), every single weapon, etc. in order for it to be all compatible with a metallic texture. Sure, it's possible, but it's not going to take some free time and it would definitely not be a small project.