Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non "?" Alert Missions, A Suggestion To Add Some Love To Them.

Scourger

OR use the same idea and make it time-based.

depends on the time and people you get either something like Control Module, Rubine or Scrap. You know, Control Module being the award for the ''best'' time.

This would need a alot testing tho, but that's why we are in beta :)

Eitherway; +1

Maybe letting us choose what material we want as reward? That way people would be waiting eagerly for Any alert missions. Some people don't have better mods/weapons than other so the "Best time = best reward" wouldn't be as fair. Since a Loki can instantly just rush through the mission ignoring everything. What if you need Rubedo and Rubedo is reward for 3rd best time and you either slightly got into 2nd best time or 4th.

However it is a very good idea. This would at least make me want to do alert mission without "?". As a matter of fact I might as well do every alert mission that pop up.

Edited by ThePieBoy

Fully agreed. I'm sure to a lot of players any non-? reward Alert is just a waste of space right now. If they offered resources at least, that would make a lot more players more willing to play the Alert. Though i would suggest the resource reward being a sort of lottery similar to the log-in lottery, except with the 3 available resources of the planet as the contents. Maybe a 3/6 chance of getting the common resource (Ferrite etc.), 2/6 chance of getting the uncommon resource (Alloy Plate etc.) and a 1/6 chance of getting the rare resource (Neurodes etc.). That would allow players to have an alternate source of getting the more difficult resources without the constant boss farming, without making acquiring the resources too easy by allowing players to directly choose what resource they want. Of course, the amount acquired will be the same as what you would normally find in levels from a drop, for example rolling a Ferrite reward gives about 75 ferrite, while rolling a Neurodes would just give you 1 of those.

Thoughts?

You sir, are a genius. The resources should specifically be "high-demand" ones though (alloy plates, rubedo, neurodes, etc). You start giving out ferrite or salvage and it's gonna be the same as before lol.

This is important, yes. ^-^

Between your ideas people, I like what Madotsuki said, RNG is always good for this kind of events IMO, it adds a bit of anticipation, and I love the thrill of alerts, however too much would make them useless, so I like his system. However it can't be the same amount acquired in normal levels, otherwise it'd make it useless again, as people would just keep farming normally.

For what Torguish said instead, I don't like it, because it would crush the wonderful thing that this game has, aka u can do what you want at your pace and not be bothered or feel restricted. e.g. I see a nice wall running ninja combos possibility during the map but i can't do that cos i have to rush? no thx. Also, people that rush missions are already rewarded because they can do more missions in less time therefore more rewards in less time.

Edited by Scourger

Fully agreed. I'm sure to a lot of players any non-? reward Alert is just a waste of space right now. If they offered resources at least, that would make a lot more players more willing to play the Alert. Though i would suggest the resource reward being a sort of lottery similar to the log-in lottery, except with the 3 available resources of the planet as the contents. Maybe a 3/6 chance of getting the common resource (Ferrite etc.), 2/6 chance of getting the uncommon resource (Alloy Plate etc.) and a 1/6 chance of getting the rare resource (Neurodes etc.). That would allow players to have an alternate source of getting the more difficult resources without the constant boss farming, without making acquiring the resources too easy by allowing players to directly choose what resource they want. Of course, the amount acquired will be the same as what you would normally find in levels from a drop, for example rolling a Ferrite reward gives about 75 ferrite, while rolling a Neurodes would just give you 1 of those.

Thoughts?

If I just get the same amount I get when farming a boss I might as well keep farming the boss. In case I get a blueprint I can build/sell that too. It also makes no sense to make alert missionw a "limited time only" thing if you don't get more out of them than just playing a regular mission.

They need to be more attractive than normal missions or they don't serve any purpose. Only the "?" missions achieve that at the moment.

If I just get the same amount I get when farming a boss I might as well keep farming the boss. In case I get a blueprint I can build/sell that too. It also makes no sense to make alert missionw a "limited time only" thing if you don't get more out of them than just playing a regular mission.

They need to be more attractive than normal missions or they don't serve any purpose. Only the "?" missions achieve that at the moment.

Fully agree.

Didn't notice the last lines from him, I was rush reading.

Definitely need something like double than what you'd get from boss run.

Otherwise we are back to basics.