Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When you like conservation animals, fishing spears and other non-combat items so much, you wish you can take them to battle.

Xepthrichros

So with the plains remastered, we have even more animals to capture. I have amassed a decent number of floofs, but I keep wishing we can do more with animals. Our space dog and cat can fight... why can't space armadillo (Bolarola) or space owl (Sawgaw) or space vulture (Condroc) etc.? Although they are technically not space-fit yet since they are on Earth and Venus, I think with a bit of Void magic enhancement and Orokin genetic enhancements, they would be able to withstand a Sobek to their faces and impale Grineer armor with their spines and claws.

Imagine with me, if these animals were somehow enhanced by genetic manipulation and tenno magic:

Bolarola: Pet Sonic, but also tanky. Rolls around, staggering and knocking enemies over. Grineer have their roller balls, we have the Bolarola

Kuaka / Pobbers: Scout. Can come with abilities that involve marking out enemies far ahead, and making noises that cause enemies to gather in a spot, opening up opportunities for you to kill multiple enemies with an explosive or a melee swing with good range. For stealth play.

Sawgaw: Distraction + disarm. Flies around attracting enemy fire while evading most of the damage. Disarms enemies. Can spot weaknesses in enemy armor for their master to shoot at for maximum daamge.

Condroc: Distraction + desecrate dead enemy bodies.

Horrasque: Leaves toxic scat that produces toxic clouds, damaging enemies. When digging around enemies bases and enemy ships, they rip through ship and base circuity, and sometimes may disrupt enemy security systems (i.e. if an alarm was triggered or doors were locked, they may become reset when the Horrasque chooses to dig)

Stovers and Kubrodon: Similar to Kubrow breeds but slightly beefier stats in terms of base HP, Shields, Armor etc..

Mergoo: Least combat-oriented of the pets. Perhaps can give luck and survival buffs since their description says that killing a mergoo is bad luck, and that they helped protect Ostron fishers from marine predators. Perhaps can be use as an alternative to smeeta, wherein the smeeta still has some attack abilities which sometimes might get the smeeta into trouble, but at the same time might also be useful (armor stripping attack) in some contexts, mergoo just does not bother with attacks and just acts a buffer/healer while it flies around near their owner

Beyond just animals being useful for battle.

K-drive battle application: Can equip certain melee weapon types while on K-drive, so that we can zoom about and slash enemies from our skateboards. Imagine cavalry horseback, but space ninja swag style.

Fishing spear battle application: At a high enough reputation level, we can eventually trade fish parts for a special zaw part available only from Fisher Hai-Luk, which grants us the option to build a dual-purpose zaw that can be used in fishing, and also used to kill those enemies that dare to bother us doing our fishing trips.

Tranquilizer Rifle battle application: At a high enough reputation level, we can eventually purchase a Tranquilizer rifle blueprint that crafts a Primary Weapon Tranq Rifle, which is moddable and able to put enemies to sleep. May be used in standard missions for people who want to experience the game in a different way (Metal Gear Solid in Warframe). But it can also be used on conservation trips and be used to pacify the random enemy soldiers that sometimes spawn near you while you are waiting for the wild animal to approach. Or it can just have alternate fire modes, one with the sleep bullet for conservation, and a standard bullet (affected by mods) to handle enemies that stray into our view while we camp for an animal.

Mining laser battle application: At a high enough reputation level, we can gain access to a mining laser that can be used a beam-based secondary weapon, that is moddable and can do decent damage to enemies.

And that's all i got. Left out Virmink as I cannot think of what to do with them at the moment.

Edited by Xepthrichros