The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Awesome

Ceux

Hi all,

I just started playing warframe the other day. It is one of the best free-to-play games I have ever played.

The gameplay is great, but I have a weak connection online.

The game would be a great item on the new gaming console, OUYA.

I would love to see it on that system.  OUYA is all about games that are free to try as well some that are free-to-play. If the developers of Warframe puts their game on OUYA, the game could become OUYA's Halo(although the gameplay is a bit different).

its a launch title for PS4, so the possibility is out there, though Sony usually doesnt like sharing contracts if they can avoid it.

not sure what DEs contract looks like myself, but it could be a touchy subject.

Sony also doesn't like telling their customers their credit card details have been compromised in fear they'll have to refund something....

They also love selling defective consoles and think selling it in a slimmer package will make peeps forget about the heating issues...

In short, consoles are bad, and you should feel bad. Buy a PC.

no, you get it wrong, is GRINDFRAME, just play a little longer.....

seriously 2 FORMAS for embolist? i would like someone to make the calculations on how many time you need to research, do the keys so you can find the mutagen to do the mutagen mass, farming for formas + the time to build the weapon himself.

my guess is DE where drunks when they released this update, the grind is infinite now....

Shush, all of you old crusty bastards leave the kid alone.

The game at it's core is still FUN. You're all mad at new content, the old content hasn't changed. Let the guy have his fun without pooping in his punchbowl

Yeah, really!  So, Ceux, hope you have a lot of fun with this game.  It's not just great for a free game, it's just a great game, period.

Shush, all of you old crusty bastards leave the kid alone.

The game at it's core is still FUN. You're all mad at new content, the old content hasn't changed. Let the guy have his fun without pooping in his punchbowl

DE changes the old content all the time.

Here is a brief comparison to Warframe's faq guide and OUYA's console information:

Part of wikipedia's specifications list for OUYA:

SoC: Nvidia Tegra 3 T33-P-A3[25]CPU: Quad-core 1.7 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore (ARMv7-A architecture)

NEON Advanced SIMD extensions and VFPv3 floating point unit

GPU: Nvidia GeForce ULP @ 520 MHz (12.48 GFLOPS)

Hardware 1080p MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 40 Mbit/s High-Profile, VC1-AP, and DivX 5/6 video decode

Memory (RAM): 1 GiB DDR3-1600 SDRAM[25][26] (shared for CPU and GPU) USB ports: 1 USB 2.0, 1 microUSB Video output: HDMI 1.4; 1080p or 720p resolution.[27]Stereoscopic 3D support. Audio output: HDMI (ARC), 5.1 or 2.0 channel[28] Internal storage: 8 GB eMMC flash memory[25][29] Networking and Wireless: 10/100 Ethernet (8P8C),[25][30]802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth LE 4.0 Power consumption: 4.5 watt (gaming), 1 watt (standby) Power source: 12 volt DC via Coaxial power connector (OD 5.50 mm, ID 2.50 mm, center positive) Size: 75×75×82 mm (2.95×2.95×3.23 in) Weight: 300 g (11 oz) Operating system: Android 4.1 (Jellybean) with custom Ouya launcher.

Here is Warframe's system requirements minus the fact that it only runs on PC:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 
  • DirectX: 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space

I am not a programmer nor do I study hardware so I cannot say if OUYA can meet the requirements or not, but I do believe the system could be powerful enough to support a version of Warframe.

I have an OUYA it has been fun so far using it. I feel that a lot of hi-graphics companies are missing an oppurtunity by overlooking this system. Warframe could be the stepping stone for a future in low cost gaming, especially on this console.

The OUYA would never be able to handle a game of this type, both because its raw computational performance pales in comparison to even the minimum requirements of Warframe, and also because the Evolution Engine is not built for the ARM architecture. Windows PCs (and the PS4) use a type of CPU (processor) instruction set architecture called x86 developed by Intel back in the late 70s and it was later extended by AMD into 64 bit with the AMD64 extensions.

The OUYA and almost all recent mobile smartphones (e.g. Snapdragon 600, 800 etc.) are based on an architectural design called ARM, developed by a company named ARM (originally an acronym for Advanced RISC Machine). The ARM architecture is optimized more for pure power efficiency and is thus extremely effective for small processors and mobile devices. The OUYA is a tiny 'mini-console' using the ARM based Tegra 3 quad-core chip.

But, x86 and ARM are not compatible, and an extensive rewrite would be required to port Warframe to the ARM architecture.

Theoretically, smaller Android devices using Intel Atom x86 CPUs could potentially run Warframe, but such devices are again so small that they tend to lack the power to render a game like this. The Tegra 3 is far inferior in total computational output compared to even a Core 2 Duo E6400, and the GeForce LP design in the OUYA pales in comparison to even relatively basic desktop chips.