Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toroid farming is still bad

(PSN)Revak29

I kinda thought it would be fixed by now so I waited a few months after Fortuna came out to really try to farm toroids for solaris standing. I was pretty disappointed by finding toroid farming pretty much unchanged. 

1. Spawn rates are too low, especially at the spaceport

2. Drop chance is also too low. I just did a 30 minute run for them and got nothing. 

3. Playing solo makes the spawn rates even slower

4. Even when enemies do spawn the solo combras and terra nullifier shield drones spawn too often and shut your abilities down, making it difficult to maintain an enjoyable playstyle. This especially discourages CC frames. 

5. Enemies deal too much damage and one shot the nova I use for arbitrations without much trouble. This wasn't just when slo combras or terra drones were making things annoying with my abilities. This was something that happened regardless even while jumping around and hitting enemies with a barrage of staticor shots. 

The drop chance is affected by boosters and Toroids can also be pilfered from any drop augments or abilities (Nekros, Hydroid, Khora, etc).

Solo wise, I personally use Ivara and Baza after the Reinforcement beacons are spawn. I never have to deal with getting hurt or such because enemies are simply helpless against a solo invis frame.

Not to mention Prowl is perfect for this. (Similar to pickpocketing Vomvalysts.)

So the only thing that needs to be fixed here is your builds 😎

33 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

The drop chance is affected by boosters and Toroids can also be pilfered from any drop augments or abilities (Nekros, Hydroid, Khora, etc).

Solo wise, I personally use Ivara and Baza after the Reinforcement beacons are spawn. I never have to deal with getting hurt or such because enemies are simply helpless against a solo invis frame.

Not to mention Prowl is perfect for this. (Similar to pickpocketing Vomvalysts.)

So the only thing that needs to be fixed here is your builds 😎

That doesn't change the fact I've been farming toriods for over 1.5 hours and gotten no toroids out of it. Even if I'm not using a frame with a farming specific ability or resource boosters, that's ridiculous. I do not want to be pidgeon-holed into buying resource booster and using frames that don't fit my playstyle. Those should give bonus loot, not be the requirement for getting any toroids. You have to admit the drop rates or the spawn rates are broken when I've been playing this long and haven't gotten a single drop.

Yup, it's pretty bad. Even with a party, getting a decent number of toroids is pretty awful, and you're not going to get them incidentally since they spawn only in specific locations and you're very unlikely to have any reason to kill enemies in those areas during bounties, with only one or two exceptions at one location.

There really aught to be more you can do to make farming toroids work. Maybe increase the drop chance from enemies LV50 and up, and have it keep going up substantially.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Yup, it's pretty bad. Even with a party, getting a decent number of toroids is pretty awful, and you're not going to get them incidentally since they spawn only in specific locations and you're very unlikely to have any reason to kill enemies in those areas during bounties, with only one or two exceptions at one location.

There really aught to be more you can do to make farming toroids work. Maybe increase the drop chance from enemies LV50 and up, and have it keep going up substantially.

Tbh spawns inside the fortresses should just work like survival missions with enemies spawning in nearby empty rooms and scaling as time goes on, faster if beacons are up. But a continuous stream of enemies should keep coming.

Had a full group, drop chance booster, resource booster, 2x nekros, here's what we experienced:

50 minutes at Labs = 156 Calda Toroids

30 minutes at Profit Temple = 14 sola toroids (We got bored, nothing spawned.)

30 minutes at Space Port = 12 Vega Toroids (Again, we were extremely bored, and the spawns were even worse than Profit Temple)

We then went back to Labs for 30 minutes = 86 Calda Toroids

YES. The spawns are borked.

• we tried the bringing them inside, finding more open areas at both profit and space, nada. Nothing spawned.
  • we tried resetting the map, same problem, nothing spawned.

Basically at max alert nothing spawns at spaceport and profit temple, or if it does, its almost a full minute inbetween a singular spawn.

Meanwhile over at the ole' Enrinchment Labs, it's a steady stream of spawns teleporting in, flying in, or running out of the bunker or even the lab doors itself.

Edited by Argenex
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I might be late to this conversation, but yeah, the grinding is still horrible, mainly due to how insanely punishing mob buildup is that can easily wipe you or worse force you to retreat and flee entirely due to them constantly shutting you down with mass Nullifier spam, and nigh indestructible Kyta Raknoids. 

And that's not even mentioning the RNG! There will ultimately be many people who will get absolutely shafted and technically soft-banned from getting the Toroids due to RNG outright refusing to give what is needed. We NEED a solution that allows us to bypass RNG entirely, as this is causing way too much suffering and punishment for something you may not even get in the end.

Broken spawns are one thing... RNG starving you longer than is ever considered reasonable is something worse.

Edited by LostSeeker0