Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vox Solaris Farming Suggestions

Darena_Bryant

Because you can't just do it three times and get those 15 Gyromag Systems, right?

...or fifty times either!

I think that, in order to help streamline people being able to run the various missions to get the resources they need for Vox Solaris standing, some simple changes should be implemented.

After the initial completion of each mission, the guy waiting outside should be able to give you the same missions again without having to return inside, go into the back room, talk to Eudico, choose the mission, wait for it to count down, listen to her prologue that you've heard over and over, then get back in the elevator and go back outside. Wasn't that the whole reason those guys were added to the Valis, and those tents in PoE, to stop people having to load back and forth? Make some use of them!

People shouldn't need to return to Eudico in the back room and then wait for her to tell you all the details of the mission you're currently running for the 15th time in a row.

After the initial run (when it shows as 'completed' in the listing) the story part of the mission should change to be more in line with 'Ok, we're going in again.' As I've mentioned, Gyromag Systems, which are listed in the Common rewards, might as well be on the Ultra Rare rewards listing for how often they drop. Players are being forced to run these missions again and again and again and again in order to get the 15 you need to move to the second ranking... and they drop 5 at a time. Change the various chatter to better align with the required, repeated runs to make them faster and more streamlined.

For example:

Eudico: Ok, Sparky, we need you to get back in there and verify the info you brought back the first time round. Business isn't sure this isn't dummy data you retrieved, so we need you to go back and try to collect some supportive info. Ready? Do it just like you did the last time!

She then gives pointers on what needs to be done, in a shorter version; no mulling over how many people were killed, no commentary from Business on how this person deserved to die, no comments from Lil Duck on freezing her arse off, no comments on how you need to be discreet getting back into Fortuna. People know all of that already, and some of them have been running the same mission literally dozens of times.

My reasoning for this? On my very last try for Gyromag Systems (I didn't get them), I got into the elevator and waited to reach the surface. The game lagged and stalled and lagged some more... then the door opened to the END OF THE MISSION. People rushed into the elevator, having done everything while I was stuck in the Twilight Zone, and then... because of course he did... the host decided to abandon everyone to the Void and migrated, resulting in even more lagging and stalling. I re-appeared in the elevator AGAIN... this time clutching my heavy weapon for some reason, and the mission markers telling me to go back to the reclamation center. Yeeeaahhh...no. I walked out, then back in, returning to Fortuna, where I discovered the mission had in fact been completed like it appeared to have been the first time I got out of the elevator. ...and I STILL didn't get what I was going out there for!

On a previous mission, Eudico was still telling me about how I should lose the people following me and not be seen entering Fortuna *while I was walking past her to head back into the backroom*. If the only way to complete these requirements is going to be doing the missions over and over, at least trim the fat some so the mission ends when I actually end it. Commentary from Eudico should end soon after the reward for mission completion is received from the second run of any mission and on, except for actually fighting an orb. I can only imagine the game struggling to deliver all that commentary and keep up with people just trying to advance their standing, while also loading Fortuna and dealing with everything else is nothing more than a problem for a lot of peoples systems and a strain on the servers to some extent. I'm also completely sure people being more or less forced to load back and forth into Fortuna isn't helping anyone either.

Edited by Darena_Bryant
  • Like 1