Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave challenges I feel could need some tuning

Azamagon

If Nightwave is here to stay as is, I think making the challenges less tedious could help a bunch, to reduce burnout feelings (considering we oughta do these over and over and over again...). The biggest culprit here, imo, are the regular Weeklies, as some of them are far too lengthy for their own good. So, with that said, here are my suggestions:

WEEKLIES:

• Animator - Socket 3 Ayatans - Since this is a really limitted resource to complete, if not outright removal, reduce it to ONE. And this is coming from someonethat has hundreds of unsocketed Ayatans, mind you...
  • Cache Hunter - All caches in 3 Sabotage missions. I'd only make this find all caches in ONE Sabotage mission, as it can become really lengthy if the caches are well hidden
  • Conservationist - 10 perfect captures. This is actually a decently tough challenge and also rather time-requiring, so I'd suggest to tone this down to 3 or 5.
  • Earth/Venus Bounty Hunter - 8 Bounties. I think everyone think this one is far too time-requiring. Make it 10 Bounty SEGMENTS, and it'd be fine, as then you are free to play any difficulty of the Bounties without feeling like you're wasting time too (rather than just playing the fastest and easiest, over and over).
  • Gilded - Gild 1 Modular item - Honestly, of all the "use limitted resources"-Nighwave challenges, this one just plain bad. There are only a limitted amount of Modular items, so having to do a new Modular item, just to SCRAP it afterwards (i.e. returning it in for Rep) is such a waste for those that already have done all Modular items they want.
    Suggestion: Rather than outright removing it, MERGE IT with the Forma challenge so it says; "Gild 1 Modular item or Forma 1 item."
  • Invader - Complete 9 Invasions. Why is this needing 9 of them? All other missions are just 3 each. So, how about reducing it to 3 here as well?
  • Polarized - As mentioned on Gilded; Merge Gilded and Polarized (so you either gild or forma an item), and reduce the Forma'ing to just 1 item.
  • Sanctuary Researcher - 5 scans for Simaris. I'd suggest to reduce this to 3, so it continues to follow the theme of "3" better.
  • Supporter - Complete 10 Syndicate missions. 10? That's really excessive for a mere weekly. Reduce this to 3 (think about those that only have 1 Syndicate... I juggle 4 of them and I still hate this weekly).
  • Vault Looter - Unlock 4 Orokin Derelict Vaults. Considering this requires a bit of coordination effort with up to 4 people, of for a solo player to equip all 4 keys - I'd honestly reduce this requirement to just 1 Vault.

ELITE WEEKLIES:

• Grove Guardian - Now, I don't have a big issue with this requirement per se. But, I do dislike it indirectly due to how tedious it is to find plants. A simple indirect help for this challenge could be to let Helios continue scan plants even when they are fully scanned for the Codex. That way, we still have to go out and collect plants, but the actual tedium of it is heavily reduced.
  • Hold Your Breath + Survival With Friends - Make the time needed cumulative. That way, if someone messes up / trolls the mission before 60 minutes have passed, you at least get the time added up before it was "failed", and then you can simply just rerun the remaining time later.

Aaand that's it. What do you think?

• Like 1