Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spend an hour doing Tridolon, only to get slapped in the face

Els236

Had a 4 man team. 

We were definitely not the best matchup for Tridolon and we weren't exactly synergizing very well, but we were getting there.

Got to the second Eidolon and, wow, every 2 seconds he was stomping the ground, spewing that huge bubble effect and killing us super quickly. Only one of us was alive at the time, because said person thought it was imperative to get lures, even though we only had about 10 minutes of daytime left and we weren't going to do the 3rd Eidolon, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, after wailing away at this guy for the best part of 30 minutes, we finally kill him and myself and one other teammate get taken out by an overabundance of Vomalysts. 

We had no revives left and by the time our 2 remaining team members saved themselves and got to us, we were dead.

Extract and get absolutely nothing. 300 credits and a trickle of affinity.

What a complete waste of an hour and a huge slap to the face. 

Losing all the rewards from the second eidolon is bad enough, but losing the rewards from the first eidolon too? Come on!

No, it isn't meant to be an easy feat to do Tridolon, but it also shouldn't require having a completely min-maxed build and it shouldn't punish so damn hard if you run out of revives.

Super frustrating and makes me want to not do Tridolon again.

This is in feedback, because I believe you should at least get the rewards for eidolons you do kill/capture successfully.

- Don't die during first Eidolon: get those rewards

- Don't die during second Eidolon: get those rewards // die on second Eidolon: only get first Eido. rewards.

- Don't die during third Eido.: get all rewards // die on 3rd Eido.: get previous rewards only.

Edited by Els236

il y a 52 minutes, Lorch a dit :

That's the price for running out of revives. If you want your reward extract. Sorry about your loss.

I had all of my revives at the start of second Eido.

We got him down to like 5% of his HP and that's when all hell broke loose and we were dropping like flies.

Extracting at that point would have also been a slap to the face and we still would have wasted almost an hour for nothing.

Yes, we would get the rewards for the first eido. but being so close to the second would have also been annoying as hell. It was literally as we killed the second eido that 2 of us died to Vomalysts and ran out of revives. 

We could see the rewards from second Eido. floating not 5 feet from us and we couldn't do anything. 

But losing about 30 flawless sentient cores, over 100 intact sentient cores, 2 or 3 arcanes and some eido. shards is... well, let's just say we weren't happy.

Edited by Els236

il y a 7 minutes, Autongnosis a dit :

Uh, it's not that I'm not sympathetic, but you are lamenting the loss of rewards for basically failing the mission? I'm not sure where the issue is... 

Yes and no to that point.

We completed part of the mission, so we should get part of the rewards; that is what I'm saying.

In a multi-faceted mission like this that can easily take an hour for "newbies", to end up with nothing is really disheartening. My point is that you should get the rewards in phases, like you do the bounties. 

Eido 1 is phase 1, and so on, but if you die, you should keep the rewards for whatever you have actually managed to complete.

There is a thread here with someone mentioning the same thing for arbitrations. 40 minute survival and if you die, you have essentially lost 40 minutes of your life for jack squat. You should still get the main rewards for what has been successfully completed. 

That thread: 

The main quote is:

"In the end, I get killed anyways. I click [Leave Mission] and get 0 rewards, even though I qualify for at least Rotation A's rewards. If our entire squad had failed, I'd at least be able to keep the rewards for the rotations that I did complete."

This is my point. The 2 of us who died during Tridolon qualified for "at least round 1/eido 1 rewards", but because we died, which is almost the same as aborting, we got nothing. 

Edited by Els236

You think that should happen? I'm asking seriously, not to be an ass. 

You entered a multi stage mission and failed partway not by willingly extracting. From my perspective it makes sense you get nothing. You think it's unfair? 

EDIT forgot to ping you @Els236

Edited by Autongnosis

il y a 33 minutes, Autongnosis a dit :

You think that should happen? I'm asking seriously, not to be an ass. 

You entered a multi stage mission and failed partway not by willingly extracting. From my perspective it makes sense you get nothing. You think it's unfair? 

EDIT forgot to ping you @Els236

@Autongnosis

I know that's how Warframe works, but for certain missions that require you to spend up to an hour or more to complete successfully, as it currently is, if you fail part way through, you get shat on and lose everything.

I know this was more of a rant thread, on the spur of the moment, but I think it is a pretty big issue, especially with more missions and bounties taking more and more time - then, on the off-chance you aren't playing your best game, or your team isn't 100% up to snuff, you lose 40-60+ minutes of your life for absolutely nothing.

I'm just saying overall, I think you should get rewards in phases and be able to keep those rewards, even if you fail on the next phase.

You still completed one phase, so you should get those rewards.

This goes for bounties, Eidolon hunts, Arbitrations and all those sorts of missions.