Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Fishing

(PSN)Kman2528

I recently set out to catch some kriller fish in the orbvalis, but after reading the bait directions and going into the valis i waited till it was warm using the temperature/Climate indicator, after a few hours iv tried every lake on the map, and repeated the the steps as directed by the bait descriptoin, but havnt bin able to get even 1 kriller to apear. This has wasted alot of my time. If i use a bait at the right time of day, in the right place i shuld be garunteed to find that perticular fish yes?? Especialy if ive followed the steps correctly and tried it mutiple times. Im sick of wasting my time. This must be a bug. Please fix it.  

Not saying there isn't a bug, but may I ask a few questions?

Were you solo?  If in a group, were you host?

Did you have illuminating dye or the Oxylus sentinel?

Did you do this near a fishing hot-spot?

Are you certain you were using lakes and not ponds?  What other fish (if any) spawned?

I did fishing yesterday/today as I did my perfect hunts for nightwave.  I didnt have any problems.  

Kriller only spawn in that center lake right as you walk out the gate from Fortuna.  All the other little pools of water are PONDS,  even the rivers flowing into the LAKE are "ponds".  

To make fish show up you have to equip a spear and or aim at the water with the spear.  Im not sure cuz I always use them but I dont know if Kriller/longwires will even show if they are not in a hotspot (shimmering effect rising off the water).

---------------

Also waaaaaay back at the beginning of OV I noticed one time that if you had a fishing spear equipped, and use your K-drive to move around the lake, and then dismount your K-drive,  no fish will show up!!!!!  I think the game treats you like you do not have a fishing spear equipped.   I thought maybe it was the sound of the K-drive but I did some play testing and found that if I just switch to melee/gun and then re-equip the spear the game would recognize my spear and start making fish spawn correctly.   

So maybe you fell into this bug ???  Its a pretty easy bug to fall into,  who doesnt wanna use their K-drive to get around a lake to fish.   

I blew through an entire warm section trying to figure out this bug also.   You can try to test it yourself by doing the steps.  equip a spear,  hope on k-drive,  hop off,  try to fish.   Nothing shoud show up.    Then just un-equip and re-equip spear and poof... fixed...