Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanframe] Destreza, The Swashbuckler

34Brewster

Destreza – Swashbuckler Warframe

Description

The relentless Destreza excels at man-to-man combat. Using his experience to find his opponent's weaknesses, Destreza deals swift death both up close and at range.

The name Destreza stems from a Spanish style of fencing, emphasizing this warframe's focus on one-on-one combat. His skillset is all about stunning enemies and circumventing their defenses. Visually, I imagine Destreza to wear a tabard, prominently displaying the lotus emblem. He wears high boots with a low heel and forearm bracers, his helmet resembles a sallet with intricate designs around the edges. His alternate helmet almost definitely includes a wide-brimmed hat with a big feather. (Outrageous codpiece is optional. Rhino's got that covered.)

Stats

Health: 120

Power: 100

Armor: 75

Shield Capacity: 100

Shield Recharge: 20

Sprint Speed: 1,20

Polarities: 4 x =, 1 D, 1 --

Aura Polarity: V

(The values were taken from Ash and slightly modified. Let me know if they fit.)

Abilities

1 Purse Cutter (25 Energy) - Destreza relieves his enemy of their belongings.

Destreza flings a slender knife, dealing moderate Serrated Blade damage to the enemy in his reticule. Additionally, the enemy drops some amount of loot from the corresponding table and is stunned for a moment as he realizes his wallet is gone. (Even Infested carry wallets). Damage is increased by focus, while stun duration is increased by continuity/constitution.

2 Dirty Trick (50 Energy) – Destreza creates an obscuring cloud to blind and confuse his enemies.

Basically, this works like Radial Blind, only that it can be cast at range. To even that out, it has a shorter base duration. Visually, Destreza throws a small pouch that creates a cloud of dirt particles on impact.

3 Duel (75 energy) – Destreza challenges an enemy, mercilessly finding and exploiting their weaknesses.

For 10/12/16/18 seconds, each of Destreza's attacks against an enemy makes their armor less effective. Each hit takes off 5 % of their max armor, stacking up to 25 % at base and drawing additional aggro from that enemy. Each level allows another stack to be added, going up to 40 % at maximum. However, if Destreza attacks a different enemy, all stacks on his previous opponent are lost and he has to start stacking the bonus up again from scratch. The strength of each Duel stack is affected by Power Strength, while its duration is affected by Continuity/Constitution.

4 …

I've got nothing. An ultimate power move doesn't really fit the concept of swashbuckling. The closest I came to this concept was “Bar Brawl,” which is an amalgam of Radial Disarm, Shadows Of the Dead and Chaos. Basically it creates clones of the enemies in the area that attack them with melee attacks, forcing the enemies to retaliate in kind. In their confusion, they would also hit each other. Any feedback on this would be highly welcome!

4- Space Sea Legs

Destreza buckles a mighty swash, temporarily becoming one with the very concept of "Swashbuckler". He automatically dodges or blocks all incoming attacks, and rapidly assaults all nearby enemies in a flurry of blows and gunfire.

(I'm thinking: You temporarily become "invincible", shown visually as Destreza blocking and dodging attacks in ways that blend in with your movement. You also gain a huge boost to attack speed with all weapons, and reload speed with non-melee ones. This lasts for X/X+X/X+X+X/you get the pictures seconds, not sure how long the duration should be because I'm not a game designer.)

Seems cool what you've got so far, though.

Yeah, being temporally invincible and auto-dodging/blocking was another thing I considered, but I wasn't really sure how to balance it. Either way, thanks for the feedback!

Originally, I was going to go with the name of Ochs, after a position in medieval German fencing and go with a more "honorable, swift warrior" type, but the warframe ran away from me so much that I had to change the name.