Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to practice Spy vaults and Rescue rooms in the Simulacrum

Renegade343

Say, an extension of the Simulacrum that requires a little bit of Simaris reputation, such as 5,000, and having run through the relevant vault/room at least once. You get to choose what vault/room you want to practice in, and the difficulty if applicable (T1 - T3).

Some QoL for perfecting a run in a particular vault/room without having to load the associated mission every time to get to the room, and in the case of Spy vaults for normal Corpus and Grineer maps, also hope that the room is the one you want to practice on.

While you say that it's just, "QoL," it's effectively worthless, in the long run, as the pool of spy rooms is pretty small, rooms don't repeat within the same run (and if they do I've never seen it despite using Oceanum to do the largest portion of my solo leveling), and you may as well just do the actual mission to get the rewards at that point. You also wouldn't be able to account for other factors that happen leading up to the spy vault (which is also part of the mission) which can lead to alarms being triggered, enemies following you in, or accidentally alerting the guards inside of the vault from the outside due to you or an enemy discharging a weapon after the console is hacked to get in.

Mastery Rank tests are something to practice because you only get to do them once every 24 hours. You don't want to fail those.
Testing weapons against enemies is good because it helps you benchmark your gear performance.

Spy vaults? Just go run the spy of the appropriate level a few times.

15 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

While you say that it's just, "QoL," it's effectively worthless, in the long run, as the pool of spy rooms is pretty small, rooms don't repeat within the same run (and if they do I've never seen it despite using Oceanum to do the largest portion of my solo leveling), and you may as well just do the actual mission to get the rewards at that point. You also wouldn't be able to account for other factors that happen leading up to the spy vault (which is also part of the mission) which can lead to alarms being triggered, enemies following you in, or accidentally alerting the guards inside of the vault from the outside due to you or an enemy discharging a weapon after the console is hacked to get in.

Mastery Rank tests are something to practice because you only get to do them once every 24 hours. You don't want to fail those.
Testing weapons against enemies is good because it helps you benchmark your gear performance.

Spy vaults? Just go run the spy of the appropriate level a few times. 

As another player who runs Spy and Rescue a lot, I would say the following:

1. Regarding other factors, I'm more looking for getting nice vault/room runs in isolation. I can deal with other factors already through other missions, and I suppose other people can too.

2. For Spy, the time between finding the vault you want to practice in can add up over time, especially when you want to try out another route undetected with all the hazards present, and especially when rooms have, to my experience, also do not repeat within a mission. Also, with Kuva Spy vaults having some randomness to it, it's also nice to just load into the Simulacrum and repeat a particular vault over and over again to get the feeling down, so you at least know what to expect and do, rather than traveling through the map and hoping that the vault you get to is the vault you want to train in.

At the end of the day, it's just there if you want it, and with little cost to it.

• Like 1