Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifting Platinum/packages

Atrupos

I know this may be just a bit pre-mature but, you may want to add in a feature to be able to gift, platinum and or cash shop items to other players. As an example, my boyfriend and I both started playing, and I didnt want to start off playing as a male avatar, he thought it would be sweet to gift me the female avatar pack - but unfortunately, he can't without logging into my account and purchasing with his CC or Paypal.

This = Lame.

Should be looked at as it would greatly improve your profit margin.

The first step to trading: Gifting. Hahaha.

--

On a more serious note, yes. I wouldn't mind seeing a gifting feature implemented. Of course, you can only gift people things after (or before) purchasing it. For example:

You want to buy a friend a HEK. You double-click the HEK in the market and there are 4 options alongside the description and weapon stats; purchase via credits, purchase via platinum, purchase for a friend via credits and purchase for a friend via platinum. After selection your friends and clan list shows up and you can finalise and send the HEK to.

If your friend or clan mate doesn't meet the level requirement of 4(or any other requirement things may have soon) then you will not be able to gift it to them.

EDIT:

It also gives an incentive for Grand Masters to share some love.

Well, I wouldn't call it an 'incentive', but meh.

Edited by Tauxi

Oh no, there wasnt a problem. We did it because I really liked the game (It meaning he logged into my account, ect ect ect.) . But just a suggestion that we should implement because this game really deserves to get money for developement. Anything to bring in more Money, and also the convenience would be great.

Agreed. +1 to gifting plats&plat-related items!

I have a tendency to surprise friends by gifting them items they wouldn't normally purchase via real currency.

I totally took advantage of LoL's (league of legends) limited gifting feature, heh hehhhhh

Plus, more ways to spend plat is always a great idea for any mmo :D

There will have to be restrictiong such as:

-Gifter must be friends with the receiver for at least (2?) weeks.

-Limit of (1?) gift can be sent a day.

-You cannot gift items you currently have.

-You must be a certain level, such as mastery level 2, in order to gift.

This way, we can disuade (most) hackers from joining this game.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this just to say that yes, being able to at least gift platinum packages (I don't think gifting items necessarily needs to be implemented at this point until they have some time to figure out a gifting/trading system) would be REALLY NICE and stands only to bring in more money for DE. I was in the same boat as the OP, having to have my bf log into my account to gift me some platinum :V

Honestly, there doesn't need to be any restrictions. That's arbitrary. The only restrictions that would be useful would be a secondary code that you set.

It would be good to have, because some games in the EULA forbid the sharing of accounts and all that fun stuff. Shouldn't have to risk your piece just to give a friend and item or platinums.

There will have to be restrictiong such as:

-Gifter must be friends with the receiver for at least (2?) weeks.

-Limit of (1?) gift can be sent a day.

-You cannot gift items you currently have.

-You must be a certain level, such as mastery level 2, in order to gift.

This way, we can disuade (most) hackers from joining this game.

You can't exactly hack as everything is server-sided.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't exactly hack as everything is server-sided.

it not the server that hack it the player that got the account jack.

that also i prefer alitle more secure like when the game log on from a diferent location a verification email come out with a authorization code? would be good too?

• 2 months later...

awesome! 
was about to ask this.
glad i made sure first the topic was already brought up.

went to look for a gifting feature on website and did not find =(

i had to go through same route as OP mentioned.
having a good name with my clan allowed me to upgrade them with a "trust system"

still would like to see some gifting system via redeem codes or something so i can use plat packages or founder package for give aways or prize earnings from tourneys and events we host on clan site.

for sure would love to send my nephew an awesome founder package =)

i saw this:

We like this idea and hope to implement it... one day. One day!

thanks in advance!
even more thanks if "one day" means update 9 ;)