Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kraken

Dralisz

I just tried out the Kraken and it's clip's size is only 12 bullets not 24, and the second bullet is always miss the headshot couse of the recoil.

Not worth to use over a Lex.

"Skilled marksmen will see high value in this weapon where accuracy is awarded with high damage."

Its just not true... :( Only the first bullet is accurate the second one is just a waste of ammo...

I think if you remove the recoil and decrease the dmg by 5 and fix the 24 ammo clip... then the Kraken would be useful.

Lol, you are thinking backwards! The shot on recoil is exactly the same every time. If you aim it right with the first shot towards the torso depending on distance, the second will always be a head shot. Then even with heavy armor targets it out performs the Lex in damage...Not to mention that the gun innately has a higher fire rate, reload speed and better synergy with the multishot mods!

The real drawback is ammo consumption!

Edited by Kobalt

"Skilled marksmen will see high value in this weapon where accuracy is awarded with high damage."

Its just not true... :( Only the first bullet is accurate the second one is just a waste of ammo...

It IS true. After the first shot is fired, aim your gun downwards, the second bullet should (when you get it right) also hit where you are aiming.

When you try to shoot accurately, make sure to move your mouse down straight after the second shot, just as Kobalt, Sabre and Taru stated.

If you've played Blacklight: Retribution then it's more or less the same thing with the

. Edited by Tauxi

No gun is meant to replace another. The Kraken is just another powerful pistol more focused on shorter range, hence the recoil. All guns have pros and cons to cater to play style more than BESTS.

It's exactly like he said, no gun is meant to replace another.( except the Braton and the Mk-1 Braton)

In the arsenal screen there you can see 24 clip size and on mission(in game) you can only see 12 and when you shot one it use 2 bullets... only 6 shots same as the Lex.

Maybe you are right guys about the mouse shaking to make double headshot... maybe its good in the first 10-20 missions then turning into annoying, but i think i will rather use the Lex as a one shot one kill gun , than shaking my mouse all the time to make the Kraken useful.

It IS true. After the first shot is fired, aim your gun downwards, the second bullet should (when you get it right) also hit where you are aiming.

That's harder than it needs to be. Just aim the first shot to the torso. The second shot will fire upwards and hit the head for a nice recoil-head-shot. I've been using it for great effect. It's just a little trickier and more challenging to master than the lex. If the target is close, you can just headshot it without zooming the aim. If he is at mid distance, you zoom-aim to the torso and BAM. 16 damage tot he torso, 50 damage to the head (that's an unranked Kraken against a Grineer Trooper). If he is far away, aim to the waist-line. Same deal, 16 damage to the body 50 to the head and he's dead.

Yes, it out-performs the Lex. And with proper modding, it will be a perfect companion for... wait for it... i'm foreseeing it... the next über-loadout.

Ranks 30 B-Vandal + Kraken + Scindo with rank 30 rare mods that do, likie, real S#&$.

Edited by ruivoml

That's harder than it needs to be.

That's where the term "skill" comes into play. doesn't it?

Just aim the first shot to the torso. The second shot will fire upwards and hit the head for a nice recoil-head-shot.

You could do that, OR aim downwards like I said and get TWO headshots. Which believe you me, is much more effective in the mid to high level missions.

That's where the term "skill" comes into play. doesn't it?

You could do that, OR aim downwards like I said and get TWO headshots. Which believe you me, is much more effective in the mid to high level missions.

Depends on the range actually. I find myself scoring headshots in close to mid range by aiming at the clavicule and torso respectivelly. Long range is really a wild shot.. depending on the distance shooting the legs will hit the head.

The second bullet flies not only upwards, but also has some lateral movement.

I'm pretty sure the Kraken is supposed to have a base 24 bullets clip. So that, plus clip extension mods and fire rate mods will make it a devastating close to mid range weapon, headshots be damned. The high base damage makes it a more effective sidearm shotgun than the Bronco could ever be.

I just tried out the Kraken and it's clip's size is only 12 bullets not 24

Yeah, another point when i saw 12 clip size i thought - maybe 2 bullets will count as 1, since clip is cut 2 times, but nope.

Wonder why clip is cut when item just entered a game =\

Edited by nonfrager