Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Possible Fix For CC Frames Usability in Arbitrations

GinKenshin

Hey Tenno, 

One of the issues I see people bringing up is how obsolete frames focused on CC are in arbies, mainly because the arby drones make enemies affected by them immune to CC. This makes warframe choices of arbies a bit more limiting 

To fix this, I have an idea: (don't know if it came up before or not)

Why not let enemies under the protection of arby drone get affect by a weaker version of the CC ability? For example, Nova can now slow the enemies under the drone but the duration will be cut by half, and the amount of being slowed is also cut by half (example: you have 50% strength for 10 sec, now it's 25% slow for 5 sec) 

Basically, reducing the power strength or duration of CC abilities by half. This should count towards permanent CC like Loki's disarm (the disarm now lasts X seconds unaffected by mods) and zone-style CC (think Nyx's chaos orb) which will simply not affect them anymore after the initial affect has passed which is also halfed, you can cast the zone again to gain the effect  

Now someone will just say "even if it's nerfed, you can still spam it" which is true, I don't know if this is considered an issue for DE but the fix is easy as well:

Have diminishing returns effect on the abilities the more you use it. At first the duration and strength is reduced by 1/2, if you use it again (aka: spam it) then the power is nerfed to 1/4 and so on 

As for damage abilities....this could work on them as well, but I'd rather it didn't simply because it'll just be too boring and similar to SO/ESO. Most of the arby missions don't need us to kill that bad, and that'll still give the arby drones their intended purpose of cheap difficulty challenging us and making enemies more 'threatening' and give a little life to CC frames

I don't see anything bad with this idea, if you have then lemme know or if you have anything to improve upon it 

Thanks for reading   

Well in general the idea sounds good, and i had similiar in mind.

But i doubt it will ever happen for a few reasons:

• crazy complicated to implement at first because Devs have to go over every single ability in the game and decide what its allowed to do
  • just as complicated for the players to remember what ability will do what
  • many abilites are both CC+Dmg, again lots of coding and decision-making needed
  • and btw: if you cut Nova-Strength in half you could become a Speed-Nova for those enemies 😁

Long time ago i suggested that we could put all existing enemies in the game into 2 groups:

• enemies that can be affected by damage abilities
  • enemies that can be affected by CC-abilities

Its just as complicated at first to implement aswell, but it would make CC-Frames viable everywhere in the game and would encourage teamplay.

That being said, people hated the idea because it seems like the majority of the playerbase just wants to be able to hit and destroy everything with the frame they are playing, and everything thats stopping them from doing so is bad. Remember all the discussions about exalted weapons not being able to kill those drones? Switching to another weapon already is too much for some.

And lastly, those same people will complain like crazy when suddenly CC-Frames are allowed to target those enemies but they are not with their damagedealer...

Edited by DreisterDino