The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen Freeze

Nubescu

Hello there! Not sure if it is the proper topic to report this bug and I cannot specify more this thing but I try my best. 

I have an AMD Radeon R9 200 series 3072 mb video card and GDDR5 type memory. 16 G Ram and  CPU type of Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz. I have also the latest drivers on it because I constantly update it and now I have the 19.4.3 version software on it and during the game the game often do screenfreezes (In the background the events continously happens so the game is continues but my screen freezes), This happens only with this game since the Plains Remaster but in cycles it happend long before too but not that often. I need a suggestion what to check because the most common problem can be the rams which can cause this kind of problem but this anomaly only happens in warframe. I tested this with other games and other games are fine and some are more energy hungry than Warframe itself.

Tried with an nvidia card also and this happend there too. The card was an GTX 980 Ti. My rams are DDR3 Dual 2x8gbyte DRAM 799.9 Mhz frequency. Kingston.

Not sure what causes the problem because my radeon software cannot troubleshoot the problem and not gives information what is problematic. Anyway thanks the answer.

5 minutes ago, Nubescu said:

I tested this with other games and other games are fine and some are more energy hungry than Warframe itself.

If it is fine in everything else it is probably something Warframe does.

• You missed an important spec: What is your OS and bit?

Two things:

• How hot is the PC getting? If it gets too hot the CPU can down-clock which can cause weird issues. Alternatively it powers off.
  • Have you tried Verifying the Download Cache? [do this through the WF Launcher]

I have a Win10 64 op system.

My pc is currently fine and it is in the min 28-30 to 37-38 celsius spectrum. Rarely goes up to 40-42 celsius and my video card is still okay with 65-80 celsius. At least I guess that is okay but I have at least 5 vents plus a cooling ridge built into in.

The cache is veryfied and I do always after large updates and I did this recently too. 

4 minutes ago, Nubescu said:

My pc is currently fine and it is in the min 28-30 to 37-38 celsius spectrum

That almost seems a little cold. Mine tends to run in the 50 - 60 range. I don't see why that would cause freezing though.

Have you looked at the logs? Warframe has logs that might say something, Windows also has its own logs (search for Event Viewer).

I am now checking those on the windows log and it shown some stuff but need to collect some. 10016 distributedCOM, 4101 Display and some other errors there. Most happend from the start of the pc around 07:52.

PS : Now checking the warframe launcher logs too, cannot open the warframe logs but I can send it to the devs.

Found this one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/frequent-windows-event-4101display-driver-nvlddmkm/5e96ac5b-811b-4f1b-9251-388c470305aa

Edited by Nubescu