Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Issues

Mictlantecuitli

Not sure if this is the right place but... When I started out I asked for some help and someone decided to help me, showed me the ropes and stuff. He had just started a clan with his brother, and they were farming voids for forma (this was like 9.7) and they brought me along. We got 3 forma BPs in a row, and at the time I didn't really know what forma was so it wasn't a big deal for me to donate, so I did. Overall I donated about 7 forma to the clan for building the rooms, plenty of resources for research (I put all the resources into researching all of the new clan tech from U10). 

Just now I'm chatting in region, and he starts playing Devil's advocate for some reason, pushing my buttons, nitpicking my every word and generally being an &#!. I say "stop being a #$&(% bag" and he kicks me. After all the crap I donate to his tiny clan of just him and his brother (I also invited 3 other people, doubling the size, but whatever) and I help those 2 farm Golem 1 day after i had already starting building him. I'm not entirely in the right here because I did tell him to stop being a #$&(% bag, but come on.. I was way more active in the clan too, I was the one that went out of my way to donate forma for buildings I didn't even care about, because maybe I'll get something back later? I ask for building permissions to expand and he tells me he doesn't want to relinquish control, as If I'm asking him to step down or something. I don't even have a problem with that, but I don't appreciate being treated like a peon when I did just as much as him or anyone else. Now that forma is not as easy to come by, I can't just start my own clan and do all that construction/research again, and I have no interest in being in a large clan. I don't even know why I'm writing all this, probably because I feel insulted, like I was being used when I had no idea what I was spending my forma on.  

=\ what should I do?

Seems like he just screwed you over for forma. I guess its bad luck, you could report him but it might not do much.

Personally I wouldn't help anyone unless I trust them. Kinda why I am happy with a clan of friends and not randomers who would be jackasses like you have stated.

Most I can say is take this as a lesson to be learned and don't use anything on anyone but yourself. Only time you should be donating is with actual friends who you can trust.

Edited by Blk_Mage

not sure what I would ask anyway. It's just kind of a "i am disappointed" rather than "i want revenge" type post. I don't care enough to get them in trouble, it's just annoying. I mean the clan was 2 brothers, then I joined, then I brought along 3 friends I was helping in the same way they helped me... and all of a sudden I'm some useless peon that can be discarded because I called the clan leader out on being a prick?

makes sense to me.

it's even funnier now that I realize how truly terrible both of them were at the game and the fact that neither of them had any friends. I just need my 3 friends to sign on so I can tell them to switch to another small clan I joined. MEH. does stuff like this happen a lot or? am i just unlucky?

I'm sure it happens all the time in smaller clans/groups of people. Maybe they used you to build them a clan hall maybe your personality just wore on him and he wanted to pick a fight to get rid of you.

You got experience out of it and sounds like you enjoyed helping build a dojo. Move on and find a clan with members that are a better fit for you and don't let one bad experience sour your enjoyment of the game.

not sure what I would ask anyway. It's just kind of a "i am disappointed" rather than "i want revenge" type post. I don't care enough to get them in trouble, it's just annoying. I mean the clan was 2 brothers, then I joined, then I brought along 3 friends I was helping in the same way they helped me... and all of a sudden I'm some useless peon that can be discarded because I called the clan leader out on being a prick?

makes sense to me.

it's even funnier now that I realize how truly terrible both of them were at the game and the fact that neither of them had any friends. I just need my 3 friends to sign on so I can tell them to switch to another small clan I joined. MEH. does stuff like this happen a lot or? am i just unlucky?

Yeah, that's just about right. You can tell that the guy was, in fact, a prick for getting mad at being called a prick.

Things like that happen, and that's why quality control needs to be on both ends, Warlord and the members.

And darn, I was about to try to recruit you. Hopefully this new clan you're in won't be the same.

Try going through the leader's, and members', forum posts. You'll probably find everything you need to know about them, if they use the forums frequently.

Next time you ought to join a better clan for your situation. Something that has grown past the 'circle of friends' stage and is actually trying to work as a big group. Tiny clans are best left to their 'circle of buddies' style. You sound like something bigger would benefit you more as a player.

Doesn't have to be a Moon clan - although typically Moon clans are among the oldest clans in the game (Though there are quite a few medium sized clans who've really stuck in there.) so I couldn't blame you for perusing through those first. I think quite a few tend to do that.

Once you find a clan of a decent size you'll probably be fine. It sucks to hear you got shafted over someone acting like a total #$&(%, but that is a perfectly natural side of very social games.

Poor you. I wish I can recruit you. My clan has nothing left to build except barracks and decorations. But the thing is we, the warlords are not going to be active all the time, thus may neglected the clan members. My clan currently is a circle-of-buddies-style clan. I'm thinking changing the style to expand the clan, but then I need consent from the founders.

I wish you have a better clan than the previous

Well I kind of just want a small clan of some friends who are also good players, the idea of a big clan doesn't appeal to me at all.  Considering I started playing this game maybe a month ago and I'm far better than half the players I meet, I definitely want some semblance of "power" so to speak, at least the ability to invite friends and obviously to host the dojo. It was more than a pain asking to have all of these "privileges" (they should be rights the moment you donate forma, let alone 5, especially as a new player).  

I can confirm that he was probably annoyed of me, and I'm not surprised considering I'm a very mathematically-oriented player when it comes to games like this (i hate the term "minmaxer") and he's one of those people that firmly believes everything in the game is useful and every change is for the better. I appreciate optimism if it has a purpose, but trying to convince me that skills like bounce, silence, radial blind, etc. are useful is like trying to peel the skin off of an orange using a staple. It's not going to work. He was the same about weapons too, tried to convince me to buy an ignis the moment it was done researching. There were more than a couple games I played with him and his brother where his brother was using volt for the shield and the ignis, which was cool, but I still ended up doing like 60% of the damage with excal (without using many abilities) and while leveling random weapons. It seemed like they were "casual" almost, not really caring that extremely good frames exist and insisting on using underpowered ones. both of them refused to use frames like frost, rhino, nova, saryn.  just the day before I asked him why he would use well of life on golem when the team was at full hp and he asked me if I really knew what the skill did. I told him and he insisted I was wrong, saying it only heals you... rather than the added 10x multiplier effect and that you have to do damage first. /rant

blah, oh well. good riddance... but I still feel like I got shafted out of hard earned forma. It was not easy getting all those rare mats being rank 2 on excal using meh weapons trying to get my rank up as fast as possible to use the flux, while simultaneously trying to get the stupid stalker to drop despair (finally got it while helping a new player unlock some nodes). It's especially hard when you think the only way to reliably get rare mats is by farming bosses, and you're too new to have a good grasp of the level layouts, don't know how to understand the map yet, and don't get how to do stuff like "zorencoptering" yet, for lack of a better term. 

I guess what I want is my own clan to help out newer or middle-tier players looking to get better, but there's no way in hell I'm going to farm all that forma alone or make newbies donate materials they will undoubtedly need for crafting dread or gorgon or kunai, whatever cool new toy they buy from the shop. Also it takes forever and a half to build all those damn rooms -.-