The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmutation Being Complete BullS#&$.

Magenta_Iris

There is 1 and only 1 problem with the Transmute system right now, and that is Ability Mods. 

While yes...their drop rates might be uncommon or rare, the cards themselves...are not.  You get all 4 cards with the frame, and it's easy to max them out using Fusion cores, or with random junk.  So it's incredibly annoying combining 4 actual "rare" cards and getting a Rhino Stomp...a card you get for free if you had the frame.

It's already set up so combining similar cards results in similar types, Rarity, Poliarity, etc, so taking Ability cards from the pool, then the system would be perfectly fine. 

I've done about 6 transmutes so far, all rares, so far i've gotten 5 Ability Mods...and the new Puncture Card for the Glaive.

So the puncture is cool, but the other 5...

Transmute is for people who have spare cards, and spare cash.  It's expensive and your likely not going to get the exact card you want, but...you CAN get the card you want, that's why it's a gamble.  Most of us understand that, but the legit complaints are those of us who combine rare cards and get common rewards.

It's useful for those of us who still need a variety of cards and don't want to grind a specific area. 

Right now I'm xmuting hoping to get Hells Chamber, instead of running the same 2 defense missions non stop till I gouge my eyes out, instead I'm running Hardcore missions farming for the few Muti-stat cards I still need need, then Xmuting the dupicates hoping for Hells Chamber. 

Edited by Choggo

Fusion cores give half the maximum possible boost, while a duplicate card gives 100% (double) the boost from a fusion core.

It does have benefits, but it might help to tweak the RNG of the Transmute system a bit.  It is meant to be a gamble...skinner box techniques and pavolovian conditioning and all that.

You have no idea how the rules for transmutations are set up. I might not even have anything to do with whether you put skill mods or rifle mods or whatever in. They simply said they had a system that influenced the outcome, that doesn't mean you aren't going to get crap occasionally.

That doesn't make sense, if we know what influences the outcome...that means we understand the rules and how it works. 

This isn't rocket science, it's random, that's the one and only Rule: RANDOM

They didn't release the source code,  but they gave us examples during the broadcast  Rares give rares, similar polarities give similar polarities.  It's still a gamble, but it influences the outcome.