The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning: Bad Side Effect Of Spare Parts In Void!

BadAimbot

After running some Voids and Derelicts with the new mod Spare Parts I have discovered a shocking bonus effect in these modes I feel the need to warn everyone about. The mod is supposed to give you a chance of a resource when your Sentinel dies, but it also seems to increase the likelihood of your Sentinel dying. Even against the Infested who can't touch it normally (had him die today because of a Runner + explosive container blowing up at once, was quite funny) the poor little guy just constantly dies.

From my experience, death seems to occur most often when you activate a laser near the end of a mission. It's quite weird, but when the mod is off it doesn't seem to happen so it must be the mod's doing. I just want everyone to know the risks of using this mod.

I'm tempted to agree with some of the posters above. Now that you have a mod that involves the little bugger dying equipped you are probably paying slightly better attention then you used to. He is probably dying at the same rate as usual - you've just taken notice to how flimsy the little fella is.

If it's not just perception bias, it could perhaps conceivably be something to do with having spare parts ahead of regen in the pet's mod set? i.e. it chooses to die and drop the item instead of popping regen.

This would be bizarre.

I'll probably ask about it at some point today, I gotta admit, I'm not expecting there to be any auxiliary effects on the mod.