Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accidental Platinum Purchases

nalsur10

Hello everyone, I'm not sure how many of you have experienced this, but I recently made an accidental purchase on the Nintendo Switch. So, I wanted to brainstorm ways to prevent this from happening to you, and other community members. Here is my story:

I was inside my arbiter [in the arsenal menu] and the mission timer countdown began(initiated by someone else in squad), so I felt rushed through the prompts and realized I made the wrong purchase in attempting to purchase an item with credits. The steps and prompts during this process are same with the difference being that some items consume platinum. I clicked through it all and didn't realize it was equipped immediately. The mission began and I didn't have a chance to unequip it. What do I do now that I'm inside the mission? How many of you know what action to take?

As it is now, it is possible for the following situation to occur:

1. The ability for any member to start a mission regardless of the consent of each member in a squad, meaning the timer will start regardless of what any player in the party may be doing, or whether they have indicated they are ready or not, in my case I was trying to purchase an item with credits that ended up being an accident.

2. On that same note, Platinum purchases and Credit Purchases are combined on one list within the arsenal of Primary, Secondary, and Melee Weapons, making it possible for anyone to accidentally purchase any item with Platinum, especially on a system like the Switch, where Warframe isn’t as responsive due to lower FPS and players have to use a controller to navigate and scroll through. Even though there is a menu for the “Market”, where most platinum purchases can also be made, the possibility for accidents is opened in the arsenal where I think I should only be able to see the items I do own, not the ones I don’t, and especially not purchases involving premium currencies.

3. Any item that is purchased with either credits or platinum is immediately equipped, another way that the situation could be avoided is if [hypothetically] the accidental purchase did indeed go through, BUT the item was NOT immediately equipped, therefore I would have gone into the mission, extracted, and had an unused item that was purchased by accident. Additionally, if purchases made with either credits or Platinum within the arsenal menu were treated much in the same way that foundry items are crafted-->claimed-->equipped, with the third step requiring the player to equip the item, a player can still contact support about the accident.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on the matter, as it may help prevent this from occurring.

Edited by nalsur10
Clarification on mission countdown initiation and arsenal menu

9 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Why was it that you 'felt rushed' in the first place?  That seems like something you caused more than anything.  Also the new UI update should fix this as it shows the credit version first so once that goes live, it's simply the fault of the player.

Hello there, I did not know about the new UI update, can you provide a link? I'm interested in the details.

I am assuming the player has to press a different key to bring up the item to purchase with platinum?

1 hour ago, nalsur10 said:

Hello there, I did not know about the new UI update, can you provide a link? I'm interested in the details.

I am assuming the player has to press a different key to bring up the item to purchase with platinum?

It was from their latest Devstream

*Edit* Actually looking at it again (including the current in-game) I wonder how you managed to buy the item with plat in the current state.  Did you not notice that it took one fewer selections than it should have.  The newer UI might be more likely to result in your issue since moving to the credit tab currently requires the extra selection defining it from plat.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

12 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

It was from their latest Devstream

*Edit* Actually looking at it again (including the current in-game) I wonder how you managed to buy the item with plat in the current state.  Did you not notice that it took one fewer selections than it should have.  The newer UI might be more likely to result in your issue since moving to the credit tab currently requires the extra selection defining it from plat.

Thank you for the link to the Devstream.

I made the purchase too quickly as I was scrolling down the list on the switch and realized I chose the wrong item, and then the mission began.

As I mentioned earlier, I think an arsenal should only show what I currently do own.

At most, if there are going to be items I don't own, then I'd prefer only blueprints that can be purchased with credits should be made available. An accidental purchase with credits hurts much less than losing as much as some of the items currently available for platinum on the list.

Edit:

As I'm watching the Devstream I've only noticed market and void relic UI changes, so I wanted to clarify that my purchase happened within the arsenal menu, not the market.

Edited by nalsur10
Clarification