Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration 'Return to Ship' prompt NEEDS a delay

Right, so I'm beyond pissed right now. Here's what happened.

I was in arbitration and we were going for 30 minutes. We were actually at minute 28 or so. I turn a corner and run face first into 2 corpus techs and get instakilled. However i was killed at the exact second I tried to bullet jump, meaning I pressed A (xbox jump) after I had already died. In the chaos, I basically hit A as the 'return to ship' prompt was up and i end up losing half an hour of arbi progress. Yes i know I need to hit A twice. 1 for return to ship and 1 for confirmation. Problem is that all of this happened in the space of 0.5 seconds. I tried to bullet jump and double jump at the same time to get away from the Techs but they already killed me as i was jumping away.

DE, please add a damn delay between dying and the return to ship prompt appearing so we can avoid incidents like this. Losing half an hour of progress is BS.

Edited by (XB1)General Tennobi
  • Like 1

There seems to be some confusion about how the death screen works.

Since you died before the 30min mark, you don't get a 30min reward screen; should be no surprise about that part.

However leaving at this point by hitting X (A) (whatever your console uses), Does Not mean you totally wasted your time.

You still survived the 10min and 20min mark and the Rotation Rewards for those are retained.

The Mission Ending screen will not display this properly; it'll display an empty reward table on return to Orbiter. Seems to be that its only displaying the earnings for the very last round that you died on, not the 10+20min ones prior; not a total mission summary.

But you can check your Inventory counts and verify, that you did indeed earn Vitus Essence, Sculptures, etc for the previous rounds.

DE needs to redo the mission ending screen to clear this up....

-Leaving after Death does not hurt you, accidentally hitting that prompt didn't lose anything.