Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raise Your Dongers.. My God...

AlienTetris

This was my reaction, then my teacher yelled at me.. and said "What are you using such fowl language for!?" Looked at her and said (felt like a boss) "If only you knew!" then slicked my hair back. :p

i would slick my hair back if it wasnt so long OMFG IM SO TIRED IM HAVING A HARD TIME REMAINING LUCID AND IM IN SPAINISHCLASSSSSS

Exactly, imagine failing a test all because of not knowing how to say orange. ill NEVER go to mexico or any spanish culture and say may i have an orange. NEVER!

I'm just going to learn a 3rd language, which would be Japanese. Then I'm happy.

But I'm not gonna learn Kanji.

Definitely not.

My mother's parents speak spanish and very little english, but she speaks english perfectly with no accent whatsoever - she's a witch, I swear.

First, I'm genuinely sorry that this country asks its English-speaking kids to learn a language they don't care about. I'd rather we didn't teach Spanish at all in the States than waste everyone's time.

Growing up in an Alabama private Baptist school, Spanish class was my hell. Day after day, having to listen to all these fat ignorant kids fail at simple Spanish phonemes.

Torture.

Now, believe me when I tell you that I will always be the first one to make "lul Mexican" jokes. My parents have a small citrus grove at their house, and guess what I do every year when it's ripe. I pick citrus fruit with a ladder and bucket - and I laugh about it, because nobody ever wins by taking themselves too seriously. Just look at all the sign-waving idiots who call themselves Hispanic and try to tell people that it's offensive to wear a United States flag shirt on Cinco de Mayo.

In Mexico, nobody even begins to care about Cinco de Mayo. It's not anywhere on the culural radar. I have nothing but contempt for the entitled "Hispanic" people who expect this country to care when they don't even know basic things about the culture they identify with.

Meanwhile back at Cottage Hill Christian Academy, everybody in the room knows that THIS brown kid knows how to say things, and they aren't even trying. Sound it out, you sweaty corn-gobbling dolts. Behind me, the Junior Class slat is trying to do who-knows-what with her feet to get my attention, the Teacher herself is some incompetent spineless milquetoast weirdo from Pennsylvania, the football players are comparing bruise constellations on their arms, the token tryhard girl STILL can't say "microwave", and I'm just trying to survive.

A na ran ja do

Remember how you learned to speak any language at all in the first place? Sound it out. I believe in you. I know you people are better than the trash I went to high school with. You have to be, or what hope does this planet have?

TL;DR - Learn to say "orange" in Spanish, and restore my faith in humanity.