Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overcharged Detectors and a Minimap Rework

(PSN)No_Skill0508

As it is right now Overcharged detectors is polarising in its utility as it only marks players at max energy on the minimap this is not helped by the fact all players allies or opponents get the red arrow icon regardless this just makes it confusing for players that actually utilize the minimap to look for opponents

I'd like to start with the minimap rework as I think it'll be fairly simple remove the possibility of a teammates Warframe icon to be turned to a Red arrow by OD or Firing a alarming weapon, ideally id like to see these little icons reworked to add a arrow to see were they're facing and when they open fire or die (this could turn into a red Warframe marker to symbolise bleedout in PvE same goes for companions) and as for opponents and their red arrow indicators nothing much needs to change but perhaps also maybe a greyed "X" were players have died that would fade out in a couple of seconds.

Now I'd like to talk about changing Overcharged Detectors. Firstly I'm not a big fan of how it currently is with its 0 to 100 mechanic, instead I propose to change its mechanic to a gradient to change it to a proximity based mod that plays into the red aura opponents get in Conclave, example: 

20 Energy: 1m see Red aura through walls

50 Energy: 3m see Red aura through walls

75 Energy: 6m see Red aura through walls

Maxed Energy: 10m see Red aura through walls + Constant arrow marker on minimap

This red aura would be just the normal one but this mod would tweak it to were it would be able to warn you by seeing it through walls and the red aura would fade depending on your distance to the opponent this could also be turned off with Invisibility or standing still to prevent a afk player with max energy of being caught afk. This would certainly stop players from being surprised by running into a Nezha only to get one shot by his 4th and promote ranged play to take a little bit off the constant Telos Boltace and Arca Titron spam

Ps Regarding the see through walls aura's meters i tired to balance its ranges based on general abilities such as if 20 energy had a 7m warning sign an excal would never be able to dash slash you because you'd see it coming so making it 1m seemed balanced to me same goes for the other energy ranges i tried to make them useful enough to warn you but not op enough to give you omnipotence over opponents locations.

thats why i didn't go crazy with meters and i would like it if being at the very edge at the distance the aura is essentially not there just enough to were if your bullet jumping  willy nilly and suddenly see a flashy red aura its too late to react I still like the through walls thing but certainly nothing above 8-10m at max with effect range being a faded near invisible blurry aura and at very close range being a very visible defined aura

(Sorry im spamming post, I'm just really passionate about Conclave and I'd like to see it become fun for the few players dedicated to it. ;-; and sorry for my mobile formatting)

Edited by (PS4)No_Skill0508

There are abilities that allow you to highlight behind the wall, there is a weapon that shoots through the walls. They will die when the enemy is not in sight.

I agree that players with a 100% energy have a visible aura, but not through walls.

Spoiler

fab1e51838fd6874bcd448f0325e1772.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, F4MouSz_L3op4rD said:

"Red aura through walls"
So you just want a permanent nekros correct?

Not a fan of that suggestion.

I tried my best to detail ways of balancing this and am open to suggestions of how to change and rework Minimap or OD, but sure I just wanna give everyone the op wallhacks

vor 23 Minuten schrieb (PS4)No_Skill0508:

I tried my best to detail ways of balancing this and am open to suggestions of how to change and rework Minimap or OD, but sure I just wanna give everyone the op wallhacks

In all honesty I'd rather it's disabled for everyone than a mandatory mod for conclave.