Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tweaks, Everything

Violet_Xe

Ok so this topic will be tackling small little issues that I think would make this game better. nothing serious like my other topic "What we want, both DE and us." This one will be a sort of playful small tidbits that would make the game more enjoyable. 

Also to note I will be posting my "Mechanic" Vauban rework around this weekend. After that I may work on either New Enemy ideas, A sentient raid, or retyping my accidental deletion of the  "Eidolon" Revenant rework concept. It honestly depends on what I'm feeling. But oh well this is what we've got for now. And yes I know I just released the Nightwave raid, but I wasn't intending to release this about 2 weeks ago, it kinda just got pushed back cause I was working on Revenant, then I was stupid and shut down my computer without saving the msg and I kinda took a blank on making forum post topics. So no more topics for awhile 🙂

Octavia Mandachord Flexibility
Ok so we all have experienced the awesomeness that is octavia... no not the killing she does. The fact you can create your own music. Well something that always bugged me was how the Mandachord worked. It only gave you a small disc you can rotate around to play a looping track. Well I've got several suggestions for this that make Octavia much more enjoyable to play on a musical level.

• First up we have Octavia's Soundtrack. I believe we should be able to play a warframe background soundtrack to our songs. Songs we have scanned should be able to be equipable not only to our ships quarters, but octavia's mandachord as well. While we have our music running, all around octavia we should have a background music on our abilities. the fourth ability doesn't have any music attached to it, so add the background to that one. If you're still unsure what i'm talking about. You have the notes your playing and then also music behind that from somachord tones.
  • Second, We should be able to pick which notes are what. By that I mean every single note on the mandachord should be able to be picked from a different instrument sound. This means we can have plogg, Horos, and Alpha instruments on a single layer of music. I suggest this change because it allows us to create more diverse songs and it lets us have cool little switches in our music. Plus we may want to blend the instruments to create cool sounds and songs.
  • Lastly, I suggest we have a larger Mandachord. Or to be specific, an endless Mandachord. Imagine our mandachord is like a scroll rather than a disc. I want our bandachord to be able to extend on for minutes on end with a unique beat and song all the while. What i mean is, stop the loop and let us make our song however long we want. If we get this change, we can actually make songs like Megalovania, Poker Face, etc etc with ease and have them sound like the original song rather than some cropped out loop of the music. Now that's musical creativity right there.
  • Oh yeah, one last thing. Tenno volume songs should come prerecorded in the mandachord, just to make it that much nicer. Tenno volume winners should get something ingame. It would be a cool little award to those who work hard. For example I've wanted "Warcry" from valkyr tenno tunes vol 1 for awhile on my Octavia. The neat feature of the Tenno Vol tunes is that their background music would be the only one with ingame sound effects. Don't tell me it wouldn't be cool having a warframe singing dream a dream. 😄

Cephalon Simaris Lore
I dunno about you guys, but hunting down those targets gave me something to do for awhile. And I loved it. I remember also the targets giving us valuble insight to orokin tech, the sentient, and the infestation. I'd love it if we got more of that. 

Conclave Syandana
Dear god help me 😭 I got tricked. When i saw that syandana in conclave I made up my mind. Without reading the wiki, watching any videos, and without a care in the world, I was blinded by that glorious syandana. Then I got it... and it turned off a week later, wait what? Why does this thing turn off! I don't want to have to run conclave that many times. Conclave isn't the focus of the game and there's no real reason to play it. Warcraft gives out a special mount at certain ranks of PvP now. Why can't we have a nice permanent syandana, that we work about a month for btw, as a nice piece we can keep on us. Seriously it was so good I replaced my pyra prime and the energy wing syandana for that when it worked. It was beautiful. Please fix it. Some of us work hard for this stuff, from your constant gating and lack of updates to pvp we should keep it in it's "powered" state all the time just cause we braved the conclave. Then it would be a serious bragging right and hell we deserve to brag about that :D... maybe... not really 😞 those of us who have it have no life. send help. please.

The Radiant and Relic Flood Issue
DE, can we please get some good fixes to this system? I've got some suggestions that would patch this up and help players out a ton in figuring out what relics they can use. Here are the following

1. Make a filter box that we can check or uncheck. This box hides vaulted relics so we don't accidentally use them when we don't want to. Combined with a filter bar, this would make the relics easier to handle. How many times must we suffer the screen where we can onyl see 6 relics a screen, and we have 40 relics to sift through. Heck even with a search bar it's getting chaotic. Plz filter box.
  2. Next, let us bookmark some relics. This will open a seperate tab to relics that we have bookmarked. With a total of three different bookmarks and three different tabs which we can rename, we can now have perfect organization. For example. Red Bookmark DO NOT USE // Blue Bookmark RADIANT THESE // Yellow Bookmark TRACE FODDER
  3. Third, I'd like for us to be able to re use relics. Or to be preciseise, if a relic has been refined in any way, let us reuse it ONCE if it's an endless mission by sacrificing all traces earned. This gives incentive to use radiant relics on endless missions because you can roll the relic twice.

Arbitratio- "Connection to the host has been lost, you will be returned to the multiplayer menu"
Servers? Please? official servers?  Come on, at least for arbitrations right?

Make the game more solo friendly
Alright I know, for people who read my posts i'm usually "screw solo players" but hey hey listen... Listen. DE has a way to help out solo players but they for some reason don't employ it. By that I mean DE doesn't give starting players or solo runners any help, even though they can. If anyone noticed, during Index and Rathuum, you get... 3 ally specters? wait what? why weren't they there to help me on that one mission back then? No seriously if someone is running solo or just a player doesn't get players in their mission by bad luck *We all have had that experience am I right?* then 3 specters will fill for the squad that ditched you. This makes the game easier for you. I'm sure the solo content creators would appreciate this.
To be honest the only reason I put this here is because I sometimes hop into a mission expecting a team... and don't get a team. I'd greatly appreciate this.

Separate Armor Customization
DE, we've asked for this so much. You gave it to the syandana, now give it to our armor. plz. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't use the Hulta arms or the grineer head just because they didn't match my armor set. I know I can make it look cool but because the mapping is different, It just won't fit. Please let us customize our armor separately. You've got nothing to lose from this right? it's just a small change.

Useless Warframe Passives
Ok so... Why do these exist exactly? Poor hydroid would benefit more from say... 10% Increased damage with Tridants? eh? that's more useful that say spawn a tentacle. I mean you can't even work that into hit kit if you reworked him to hell and back. I atleast made it so Ember's on fire trait can work. Nova prime knocks down enemies when she is knocked down. Ok? so then can she knock down enemies within 20m to guarantee that she won't die? nah it's a small explosion. Ok so then can we make it a 10m explosion that knocks down enemies and affects enemies with molecular prime? or maybe upon being knocked down Nova gains all her nullstars back? Lets move Inaros, how many times has this coffin come in handy? in sorties or what not. Inaros is all about not dying. So make inaros have true damage when he's downed. That way he is guaranteed to get back up if he isn't lazy. Congratz, he finally has a useful death trait. Next let's advance to frost. Frost should get by default 10% extra ice damage to any weapon with ice damage on them. why? it's not useless that's why. If you get hit by a melee unit at sortie level. you're DEAD. they freeze sure, maybe, but you still die. Or maybe lets say all enemies that attack frost are instantly frozen. not even a % chance they freeze, make it so all enemies that hit him freeze. Or maybe give him a coolant leak, all enemies within 8m are slowed by an ice status. Like sentinels. Also make Wukong actually have a reason to use staff weapons. Give him a 30% damage boost to Staff weapons like the bo. 

More Ordis and Tenno Lines
I know this may seem like I'm asking for a lot. But I don't think adding in say 200 different voice files would... ok yeah it may be somewhat difficult. But seriously DE, can we get more operator nd ordis lines. They're integral to the warframe game, and more lines wouldn't hurt. Maybe ordis and the tenno commenting on Nora Night, like "How... does she know?" or something like that. Making new lines would make the game feel less repetitive. Maybe even add in cool easter eggs for some bosses like if you're fighting vor like "Didn't... Didn't I kill you before, like twice?" Make the game have some cool ideas.

Ordis the Guide
Ok so this is something I talked about on a previous post, but I seriously think oridis is the PERFECT new player helper. At the start of the game, at the end of Vor's Prize, have orid say "Operator the system needs you, however during your time asleep you may have forgotten crucial information. Come to the back of the ship and talk to me, I'll fill you in on any questions you may have" And ordis shows up at that little glass circle at the back of the ship like the cute little cephalon he should be *the opposite of simaris*. You have ordis tell you about how modding works, how specific mission types work, he can tell you about specific factions, different parts of the ship, etc etc. He can give you your goals like saying "Oh by the way operator, to progress through the star chart, you will need to clear junctions. Aim to complete these junctions and grow into the great warrior you were known for in the past" Also a chit chat option would be cool with ordis, just a casual talk with your cephalon. It gets you more attached to the guy.

Easter Eggs
Yes i'm aware we've got a fair few of the eggs. However what I mean is like, lets say dark sector easter eggs. Hidden somewhere in the lephantis room would be a Dark Sector Sewer Shop. Another Idea would be to maybe have a secret room hidden within the void where we can see a character from your canceled game. Maybe place a rocket league car and ball on the top of one of the lunaro towers, because you have a warframe cross over thing for the antenna for the cars in that game.  Cool little things like that.

Weapon Exilus
Ok I really REALLY want these. A true option slot. Weapons should have an exilus, like let's say were running with weapons that have unique mods? kunai and other ones that can explode upon contact, make that an exilus. or maybe fast hands, Cautious shot, Combustion Beam, Terminal Velocity, etc etc. These useless mods we usually ignore should be used in an exilus slot to allow us to have unique minor shifts in how we fight. I think this would really help diversify modding builds, but only if the right mods are turned exilus. Sinister reach for example is too good of a mod to simply be labeled exilus. 

Impact Damage
Ok DE, really Impact sucks. Either make impact procs cause shielded enemies to become 1X more vulnerable to future damage per impact proc, or make shattering impact a baked in effect of impact hits. Because it needs help more than fire procs. Wukong uses impact so yeah... he needs some reason to exist other than... existing. Plus i'd ike to come back to my Bo Prime sometime in the future, it looks awesome. 

Cosmetic Restraints
I'll be perfectly honest yes I am one of the people who say stop focusing so much on appearances. But if you ARE going to, at least give us more freedom with it. We can color literally everything, have dozens of healmets to go through, and probably trillions of combinations for every single frame. However I and others have been running into a consistent issue since about update 18ish, at least to my knowledge anyways. If anyone recalls in the olden days of warframe, you had 4 revives per warframe. This led people to create multiple warframes with identical mod sets just so they could have 8 12 16 revives on their favorite warframe. Well, I've made 3 banshees... Because customization. I now create multiple warframes because I don't have enough space to create all these really cool looking warframes. If we gained more space to create fashion frame on, the fashionistas out there would enjoy the game more. I have 2 ways to do this.
-Option 1, let us buy another cosmetic slot for that specific warframe for the low cost of 10 plat. It helps you out, and it helps us out. It's cheap and not too hard to gain.
-Option 2, Let us save up to 10 different color sets on a warframe and let us go back to that save whenever.

One of the main reasons I suggest this is because, this helps you out a ton DE. if you increase the amount of fashion slots we get, people will spend more time looking to create unique and awesome looking frames. This means they spend more time in the orbiter coloring and looking at stuff like tennogen, deluxe bundles, color palates, alternate helmets, armor, and more. It's undeniable Fashion is something people spend hours on, heck I spent 3 and a half hours trying to make a decent Astolfo Nezha. Let me tell you how much plat I would have to spend to recreate that nezha I made.
//Buy Classic Pallet 75 plat  //Buy Corpus pallet 75 plat  //Buy Twilight Pallet 75 plat  //Buy Orokin Pallet 75 plat  //Buy Tenno 2 Pallet 75 plat  //Buy Storm Pallet 75 plat  //Buy Smoke Pallet 75 plat
//Buy Valintine Pallet (Playtime)  //Buy Halloween pallet (Playtime)
//Buy Syrinx Shoulders 50 plat //Leg Plates 35 plat  //Buy Imugi prime accessory chest $60
//Buy Repala Syandana $6.00
//Ephemera (Playtime)

That is in total, 610 plat, about half a year of playtime, and $66 dollars US. And that's only what players would need to buy to recreate my colors. All the while they are customizing they see these amazing tennogen and other amazing gear that they can add to their frame to make them look better. Adding more customization slots can only benefit you, unless i'm missing something? Please give us more customization slots. it would also benefit people like Hydroxate who build their channel off fashion frame.

-----------

These are currently the cool little additions to the game I think would help us out. They solve some minor pressing issues, assist in making this world feel a little more alive, make relics easier, and make octavia feel more like a musical frame. Anyways That's all I've got, reactions anyone? Also anyone have any special addition's they would like to add? I know there's probably a few things I missed. Also any complaints to these additions?

Edited by Violet_Xe
  • Like 1