Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Jovian Concord Feedback] Problems with clashings between old Jupiter boss fight (pre-infested Alad V/Zanuka) with new Jupiter rework's elements (Amalgms, post-infested/Second Dream Alad V, etc...).

SprinKah

This is a tricky one for sure, I was curious about what'd happen to the old Jupiter boss fight, Alad V before his infested transformation and the Zanuka project.

I mean, I expected this to happen, but I still got pretty surprised when I see post-infested Alad V appeared on screen to summon Amalgam enemies against me while I'm rushing to fight old Alad V with his pet robot Zanuka.

I mean, you can't even argue that this is reworked lore, because in disruption it's blatantly announced that Alad V got back with the Corpus (or whatever collaboration with, maybe Nef), even said he wants to get back into the corporate ladder (I believe that's what he said). Old Alad V has his collar to control Zanuka and no infestation marks, the new Alad V clearly doesn't have the collar, simply cause Zanuka's pretty much gone now, also he has his infestation mark, which I'm glad they put it back, a shame they didn't put it in the Wolf of Saturn Six dioramas.

But I guess this can't really be...helped, I suppose we should just...ignore the Amalgams being a part of the old boss-fight and nothing more than...ambient obstacles. Because I suppose it'd be a lot of work to implement the newly reworked tileset with the old boss fight without changing a whole lot of things, like putting away all the Sentient research hints and secret areas and Amalgam enemies.

But there are a few problems regarding the lore chronology with the reworked tileset...regarding the star chart and such...but I suppose it has never really mattered much before because well....the lore chronology placement in Warframe is a big mess...and only veterans that have been around long enough will know the full story of everything. I bet a portion of newer players will probably be super confused to see two different Alads from different points in time, appear on screen when you fight the old Alad V on Themisto node. 

I guess it can't be helped, I don't think doing a...lock-out is good for business for DE so haha, nah. But it'd be nice if DE can...create a LORE section in the codex to tell the story of Warframe from the beginning to end as you go along the star chart, planets to planets, it will slowly reveal the story and lore for you. Because if you haven't played Warframe long enough, you won't get anything, unless you're willing enough to go through wiki pages and videos to get with the lore. 

To be honest I prefer the amalgams will not appear in missions or be invisible to players that hasn’t completed The Sacrifice. Because the timeline for the amalgams seems to be post-Sacrifice due to the fact that Alad V’s “business partner” is (SPOILER ALERT).

The Lotus/Natah in sentient form

But because new players have already seen them, it might be already too late for a change.

Edited by DrivaMain

9 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

To be honest I prefer the amalgams will not appear in missions or be invisible to players that hasn’t completed The Sacrifice. Because the timeline for the amalgams seems to be post-Sacrifice due to the fact that Alad V’s “business partner” is (SPOILER ALERT).

But because new players have already seen them, it might be already too late for a change.

Exactly, then again, only the 2 new nodes (lvl 30+) after Themisto is taken place after Sacrifice. SO it'd be hard to...make changes for newer players.

Then again, we already know about the Sentient experimentation on Venus Orb Vallis, and that's a very early planet. So I don't mind Amalgams being around Jupiter. And then there's the Themisto boss fight...seeing two timelines mingle together is quite bothersome...but I guess I can let it slide....At least disable Amalgams strictly in that node only, and also the Sentient labs secret tiles, like you said. 

At least they lock the Sentient boss fight behind a quest completion, in order for newer players to not get ahead of themselves.