The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low FPS all the time

Spartancake2000

Before the update, I used to have 100+ FPS 99% of the time but now I get between 30 and 60 FPS on the orbiter and less than 45 on missions I tried lowering the resolution, lowering the settings to minimum, change between windowed, fullscreen, borderless, native resolution, scaled resolution... nothing.

Not only that, after the update, if I keep the game open the whole computer starts to lag and makes explorer crash.

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6.0 GB

RAM: 16GB

I have a 4K Monitor.

I check for viruses every week and nothing.

Update: It seems that lowering the scaling of the screen improves the performance, but wasn't the last hotfix made to solve this problem?

Edited by Spartancake2000
Update on situation

Particle effects(comes plenty with abilities and explosive/energy weapons) have a huge impact on the performance. The problem is, the game is poorly optimized. Whenever they add something the performance goes down by one notch. 

I could get a steady 140-120 fps on 1080p, but one of the recent updates made it worse. Now I occasionally go down to 100's.

Hi Guys! i had the same problem and i fixed it, first you have to uninstall all the Nvidia software, (i had the nvidia driver 430.64) following the steps in this page, the DDU GUIDE for a FRESH DRIVER INSTALL:

i did this steps for a clean installation of the Nvidia Drivers and Nvidia Experience, and now warframe is running nice and smooth, i hope this help you guys!! have a nice weekend! Tennos Forever!!