Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Tiles] The new Gas City Defense/Interception tile is a blast

Chroia

I remarked elsewhere that I'm quite liking the aesthetic and traversal-quality of the new Gas City tileset, but the new Defense tile is a standout.
Seriously, whoever's responsible for the tile hit it out of the park.

I find a game's movement systems is a huge part of its appeal (or lack thereof).
That in mind, swooping around this tile is the most traversal fun I've had since discovering a pure-mobility Nyx.

It's multi-tiered, with lots of over/unders, but unlike the Kuva fortress, you can move between levels with parkour, rather than following tight, narrow twisting tunnels or corridors.
It's complex but airy.
Claustrophobic spaces have their place, but for the first time we have an inhabited wide open space (or whatever the actual term is) as opposed to 'empty air' open spaces - like the big Corpus Outpost Interception tile, or Plains of Eidolon - which exist, but you can't actually do anything with.

I'm not sure it's a great fit for Defense, but was thrilled to find it used in the Interception mission as well, and I expect that (if I still played it), it'd be an amazing tile for Conclave.

(And the fact that it has its own secret Captura scene?  ❤️ )

Thanks. I had a blast.

Edited by Chroia
Typo.