Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on update

VenomousValentine

I'm amazed at how DE can release some of the best content, and most infuriating nuisances at the SAME TIME.

New boss: It's incredible. Best boss fight in the game. Epic, requires strategy and has actual mechanics that aren't just "It invincible lol" 9/10 

New warframe: Wisp is interesting. Aesthetically pleasing, useful in late game, extremely mobile, but some of her abilities seem to be lacking. Not my playstyle but objectively decent frame. Amazing passive, unique bud mechanic that is extremely useful, very utilitarian first ability. My only real complaint would be her ultimate, but admittedly I'm bias in saying that. 7/10

New UI: It's horrible. A buggy mess that served to improve nothing. Refining relics is a mess, sorting them is a mess, things end up out of order in the wrong sorting catagory. Same goes for the market and syndicates, and it seems like most of this change makes things more confusing and more time consuming to do simple tasks, straight up adding steps to perform the same action. It's awful. 1/10

New Mandatory authentication: Added security? Very good. I'm glad that's a thing. Making it mandatory to trade? Garbage. It should be the users responsibility if they want to further secure their account. 4/10

New gas tileset: I love it. It encourages being skilled in this games mobility system, it's beautiful, it doesn't seem to have spawn rate issues so far, but I haven't fully explored it yet. And admittedly I will miss some of the old tiles like Io. 8/10

New Amalgams: Admittedly I have only fought a few of these, but it's a very interesting concept and serves to make corpus more difficult without making them use direct counter methods which has been the corpus whole gimmick since nullifiers came out. I like them and it serves to make the game more challenging. 7/10

Nyx deluxe skin: It's beautiful. I love it. It makes me want to play nyx again, which is actually reasonable now that she has a good passive and her 1 and 2 were changed to be good. 10/10

New mod sets: Very interesting. I'm actually in love with these because they provide reasonable buffs if you have the playstyle they're marketed for, and further incentivize the games mobility system. I would love to see mods like these in conclave. 10/10 

New amalgam mods: I really appreciate DEs attempt to make these sub par weapons perform better in higher tier gameplay without straight up buffing them, and giving them unique things. I haven't used them yet, but they seem really good on paper, at least most of them. I hope to see more of these in the future. 8/10

Random mod pack removal: I personally didn't see this necessary, but I definitely see how some players could be scammed into buying these. But the addition of the new non RNG mod packs are a HUGE stepping stone for DE. I really appreciate this change, even though I'm far beyond the point of it being useful to me personally as a vet. Very good for newer players with less time. 6/10

New color changes: Very useful, adds a whole new layer to fashion frame which is something I've been hoping to see for a long time but never personally requested because I've always seen gameplay updates as a bigger fish to fry. Still very happy to see this change. 9/10 ONLY because certain things are bugged like the mythra heavy blade skin. Fix those issues and this goes up to 10/10.

Weapon changes:
Zenith: Very good, very necessary. I always liked this weapon but found it clunky and ammo inefficient. I personally feel like it could use a bit more base damage because of its requirement, but I don't want to nitpick. much appreciated.
Tysis: Seems good on paper, but I'm not sure how well this turned out.
Gaze: As gaze was the worst kitgun this was very needed. I hope to see it more.
Speargun buffs: All of these. These are all fantastic. I don't even have to say more
8/10 changes.

Heavy units dropping heavy ammo: THANK YOU. This is all I've wanted since the release of fartwing weapons. For a long time I feel like this system was horribly implemented and this was the change it needed. 

Overall update score: 7/10, which to me is a huge plus as I've considered most of the updates that have come out since fortuna to be hot garbage. Good to see DE is going in the right direction again.

I will update this post after using the new weapons, exploring the new content more thoroughly and doing the new gamemode.

Totally agree.  Glad you posted this.  DE really screwed the pooch with this new UI.  It's beautiful.  It's what we wanted, what we were asking for.  But it's a brilliant concept horribly executed.

Biggest stick I have against this is the 2 factor authentication.  It's forced onto us, and we aren't given a notification that we need 2 factor authentication in order to trade.  So when we all go to trade for the first time after the update, we get an error.  "Hey buddy, you better get 2FA or you're going to keep this guy waiting to trade."  Complete bollocks.  You answer the email, you enable the 2FA, and it doesn't work.  You try again, it doesn't work.  An hour later, it works.  Simply marvelous.  

Basically, they win for art, story, and gameplay, but they FAIL at communication.  Please tell us next time something major happens, so we'll know what to do.  

PS the new UI is gorgeous, with a capital Gorgeous, but it's unusable.  

Edited by SniffingMagic