The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Valkyr Hysteria Lockdown/Fortuna Elevator

Silverviolet

I actually had this issue happen to me and a few of my friends on Xbox One, however I tried using the Xbox One login button on this site and was repeatedly redirected to the landing page. Dunno if that’s an Edge problem or what.

This issue may persist on PC as well. I experienced variant of it on PC involving attacking into nullifier bubbles, but that’s probably been over a year ago. 

Hysteria (for reasons and circumstances I’ve yet to fully determine) will occasionally lock up your entire frame, into a T-pose like stance. You can’t shoot, melee, roll, slide, or switch weapons and abilities. I was still able to Bullet Jump, oddly enough. Jumping into a reset or off the map doesn’t fix it, using unstuck doesn’t fix it, not even reviving yourself fixes it. This is a pretty severe bug as it makes the game essentially unplayable. You also can’t use gear which is how the Fortuna Elevator gets involved in this story. 

Myself and a Chroma had recently finished a 6 Exploiter session and were heading back in, only my Hysteria glitched as described after killing the last one. I had to walk back. He arrived much sooner and activated the timer, which would eventually teleport me as I was in the middle of bullet jumping. I maintained momentum and went out of the elevator door as soon as I ported in, separating me and the Chroma and locking the game into an infinite loadscreen. It did resolve for Chroma when I forcibly closed my game from the dashboard and as far as I can tell I did still receive my loot. 

This Valkyr bug has happened long before the Melee rework, but the Melee rework has introduced some less severe variants of the lockup, which can usually be resolved by recasting and then manually turning off Hysteria. 

If I had to guess as the cause, I’d say it has to do with how Hysteria’s casting animation locks the frame in place. Excal has Exalted Blade but I’ve never experienced lockups, but his can be cast while still moving. I’m still uncertain as to what combinations of actions lead to the lockup occurring, but just changing the animations may be enough to alleviate the issue. 

I’ve got -edit- NO video of anything I described because Xbone ignored my 5 minute recording request and did nothing.

Edited by Silverviolet