Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic selection between waves needs to change

Educated_Beast

Warframe needs the ability to select a relic during a mission if you miss it during the break between waves.  Recently I was in a defense after wave 5 and didn't select a relic fast enough (was looking for good forma relic) and missed chance to open a relic at wave 10.

- I could have selected any random relic quickly and then look for desired relic while waiting on team, but then run risk if other 3 pick one fast that I don't run a desired relic or burn one I wanted to save. 

- I have 90% of all relics and hundreds to choose from.  There is not enough time between waves to make a proper selection.  

- It is easy to choose a relic when you only have a couple to choose from but there is not enough time to get the right relic, especially in this new UI with no color.

I see a few options to correct:

- increase time between waves (this is lazy fix and no one really wants more time between waves)

- Increase timer button if need more time (don't like this since it can be abused).

- Allow a random selection option to enable that will pick a random relic if no relic was chosen in time to prevent running without a relic (when you want to run one).

- The selection to continue or leave match occurs before relic selection.  If the relic selection occurred first, then we could leave if made a mistake.  This is bad design to because it could be abused and don't make since if leaving anyway.

- or my favorite, let us pick a relic when the next wave starts.  Why can't I just hit escape and pull up a menu to add a relic if I missed selection process.   

I suggested this way back in the day:

Frankly, the reason I stopped doing relic runs is because of the constant interruptions to gameplay (I know defense has that by default, but I like Survival and hate Defense, and survival gets constantly interrupted), so I really wish they would fix this relic thing.

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I suggested this way back in the day:

Frankly, the reason I stopped doing relic runs is because of the constant interruptions to gameplay (I know defense has that by default, but I like Survival and hate Defense, and survival gets constantly interrupted), so I really wish they would fix this relic thing.

I could go for that. 

I'd also be happy with ability to select multiple relics at start (even with short break in middle to select reward).  The intermission would still exist and you could change relics, or they could just cut that time down further expecting people to select early when you have unlimited time before mission starts.

If decide to leave early, no worries just leave and relics not used stay unused.  Most people know about how many waves they want to stay anyway so will know how many relics to pick in advance.