Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extermination Caches in Jupiter

I have noticed that Carpo, the Extermination mission on Jupiter, has resource caches. I might be in a minority here, but I like caches as a concept. They make you familiarize yourself with and appreciate the tileset, especially since the fixed cache locations help you distinguish between main rooms and adjacent hallways and dead ends. You all clearly worked hard on the gas city tileset to make it a big parkour heaven, but I'm still zipping through the tileset to get the mission objective done ASAP. Caches are therefore a good way to showcase the good work you've done, for more utilitarian players who don't tend to wander around tilesets on their own volition.

However, I was disheartened when I saw the reward table for these caches. It's the same stuff as anywhere else - very low chance for nitain and xiphos parts, and otherwise nothing really worth going out of your way to learning the caches for. I wish there was something more, especially with the heap of new resources and mods that came with Jovian Concord.

I realize that Naeglar Hive Sabotage is a counterexample to my argument - High Voltage and Shell Shock are powerful mods that are great for selling, but still nobody does the mission. However, this is also influenced by the low skill floor of the hive objective, as well as difficulty with navigating the Infested Corpus tileset. The gas city tileset is much more user-friendly than Infested Corpus, so I think we should give resource caches more oomph in Carpo.

• Like 1

I was likewise disappointed until I realized that despite looking super cool and feeling new and mysterious, they're all still Jupiter missions. The cache rewards are still going to be commensurate with low-level Jupiter stuff.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

13 minutes ago, Good_Sword_Of_Clem said:

There's precedent for caches in low-level areas to have fairly good rewards, though: Earth Sabotage has Bite (Bite's price crashed but it used to sell for like 90 p) and a host of uncommon Kubrow mods with okay sell prices, and Stribog has Bullet Dance.

Good point.