Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main Weapon After Braton?

Agua

Question

I am around level 20, and my braton(not mk1-braton) doesn't do much damage on earth missions, i have to use an entire charger to kill one or two enemies on earth, so right now I'm using melee(can one or two shot every normal unit) and pistol.

I manage to get to rank 2, so I'm open to sugestion on rank 2 weapons. I've been investigating and boltor seems like a good choice, but its stats seems really low, and armor penetration does not always applies to bosses and heay units according to wikia. Any advice on this?

I have a loki warfram by the way.

Edited by Agua

16 answers to this question

soma, if you have point strike and vital (whatever the other crit mod name is). it's actually one of the most powerful guns in the game - if you have the mods.

If not, Boltor is great.

Soma is rank 3, and its a VERY long way to get there, so I'm looking a short term weapon to change after for soma.

Latron is always a viable option if you have decent accuracy.  Good damage, pinpoint accuracy, insane ammo efficiency.

Regardless of what weapon you are using, always mod Armor Piercing damage.

When going against Infested, add Fire Damage.  Piercing does less to light infested (Chargers, Leapers and Runners), but fire does 2x.  The Piercing will remain viable against Ancients.

When going against Corpus, add Cold (2x damage to shields, and Corpus are mostly shields), and if you have mod points available, add Electricity as it stuns Corpus.

If you looking at your damage against Hek and having issues, grab the Boltor.  While its base damage is low, it destroys Grineer and Corpus, and it ignores Hek's massive armor rating.

Edited by Drogra

Latron is always a viable option if you have decent accuracy.  Good damage, pinpoint accuracy, insane ammo efficiency.

When going against Infested, add Fire Damage.  Piercing does less to light infested (Chargers, Leapers and Runners), but fire does 2x.  The Piercing will remain viable against Ancients.

When going against Corpus, add Cold (2x damage to shields, and Corpus are mostly shields), and if you have mod points available, add Electricity as it stuns Corpus.

If you looking at your damage against Hek and having issues, grab the Boltor.  While its base damage is low, it destroys Grineer and Corpus, and it ignores Hek's massive armor rating.

The problem is with current armor system. That fire becomes less efficient the higher level infested chargers and Ancients become due to the armor increase while the bonus damage from AP mods stays solid all the time.

soma, if you have point strike and vital (whatever the other crit mod name is). it's actually one of the most powerful guns in the game - if you have the mods.

If not, Boltor is great.

That's rank 3, and will have its rank increased soon, and also costs a lot for a new player, so ignore this suggestion.

---

Anyway the Strun is actually a pretty effective weapon early on. Shotgun mods are very powerful and easy to rank up. But look through your mods to see what shotgun mods you already have first. If you have more good rifle mods than shotgun mods, then either the Latron or the Paris might be a better choice. The Latron is a very powerful weapon with the right mods, and does decently even unranked, and the Paris has high single shot damage and can hit multiple enemies, in addition to being easy to craft, but its not a good pick vs bosses.

Edited by Grilleds

Mods mods mods.

The Braton can get you to Pluto if you have the right mods

1. Serration - You need this as high as you can boost it.

2. Armor Piercing Mods - I forget the name of the Rifle version, but look for % Armor Piercing damage (Works great vs Grineer)

3. Cold/Freeze damage - Cryo Rounds - Get it, but not necessary to boost it right away

4. Multishot - Very rare, but very good. Once you get it, your damage will double.

Once your mods are upgraded, you should see an entirely new gun when you fire your Braton.

Latron is pretty good.  I keep holding out for a Latron Prime, so I haven't forma'd this yet.

Boltor is decent & reliable, but will not hold up in higher levels.

I didn't want to like the Soma, because I hate bullet hoses, but this gun was designed for a crit build, so it's pretty amazing once set up correctly.

Edited by JerichoFayne

The problem is with current armor system. That fire becomes less efficient the higher level infested chargers and Ancients become due to the armor increase while the bonus damage from AP mods stays solid all the time.

Agreed, but in general, always throw fire at infested as its great against the masses that you will see at lower mastery ranks.

Braton is still good against Corpus, they don't have scaling armor, just a giant wall of shields.  Rapid Fire weapons with Cold damage chew through everything except Techs, and you want to headshot those buggers.

Against Infested, get a good bladed melee with a cleaving attack (hits multiple targets), and just go to town with that against them.  Gram, Scindo and Orthos are incredible weapons against most factions, and really shine against Grineer and Infested.  Orthos is one of the funnest weapons in the game, Gram and Scindo are probably the hardest hitting Charge attack melee weapons, and they have an insane aoe knockdown with their jump attack.

Wow, this is a great contribution. I know about weakness and resistance, but I can't find armor piercing mods for main weapon. I have tons of pistol mods, and warframe skills, but no mods other than crappy ammo mods for primary weapons.

Latron seems like a Braton with double damage, but a three times slower, also it has no armor pen, so acording to my calculations, boltor seems a better choice.

Strun looks nice, but since I have an awesome melee combat, I think I'm searching at a mid-long range weapon, not a short-mid range weapon.

So far I'm thinking on getting strun or boltor. My pistol is a lato vandal with potato, so it has fire and electricity mods and can shred shield and infested alike.

Agreed, but in general, always throw fire at infested as its great against the masses that you will see at lower mastery ranks.

Braton is still good against Corpus, they don't have scaling armor, just a giant wall of shields.  Rapid Fire weapons with Cold damage chew through everything except Techs, and you want to headshot those buggers.

Against Infested, get a good bladed melee with a cleaving attack (hits multiple targets), and just go to town with that against them.  Gram, Scindo and Orthos are incredible weapons against most factions, and really shine against Grineer and Infested.  Orthos is one of the funnest weapons in the game, Gram and Scindo are probably the hardest hitting Charge attack melee weapons, and they have an insane aoe knockdown with their jump attack.

Here is a chart of how armor currently works:

UM8wAdP.png

Well there are a lot of nice, and strong weapons,but at your rank i cant give you much suggestions. I was also deciding between the same weapons like you are now... i stuck to braton after i potatoed it, then stuck some formas on it.... its still a viable weapon for high levels if you decide to upgrade it, you wont be sorry, it will take you a long way until you unlock something else you might find stronger. 

EDIT: Here is my layout

braton.png

Edited by 4rum

Braton is, and always will be, my main. I focused mainly on Serration, a tiny rainbow elemental layout, with an increase to reserve ammo, reload, and firing speed.Here's a link to a pic of my loadout. 

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/901008172778438789/1AC9BC82E4124EB0A701D008D79CC6FADE2FD048/

I've only used a single Forma on it, by the way, to get the Y polarity for Serration.

EDIT: Reload speed was swapped out for the mutation mod, sorry about that. If you don't have a mut mod, then a reload one would fit in just fine.

Edited by NixeonLow

Thank you very much everyone for your help. I think its better idea to farm mods then, and buy a weapon blueprint IF i have all the materials and credits, else try to improve my current one.

I will need more weapons and frames in order to Rank up, so wheneer i got some extra credits I'll try diferent ones. Even so I think boltor would be my first choice, until I find some armor pen mods.