Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Index, Credit Farming tip (AKA new indoor map needs to go)

Hey all

As we all know, the new Indoor index map is too big and plays too slow.

Just now I ran a few Index Games and timed it, with a 'highly scientific' sample size of Just 1

running High Risk

I found that the Indoor map took 7:30 for just 1 round!

and that for the Outdoor map, i was able to get 6:53 for 2 rounds.! Twice as many!

So for given approximately the same ~7min time investment, Indoor gave a profit of 200k creds, vs outdoor 450k creds

a difference of 250K

what can we take away from this?

In Terms of Time Investment, it is worth Aborting and sacrificing your 50k investment 5 times; in order to 're-roll' the maps till you get the Outdoor map.

Got that? If you get the Terrible Indoor map, just Abort and retry until you get the Outdoor map. as Long as the Outdoor map shows up within 5 Tries, you still made more Profit for time invested playing the Good Map versus the Bad Map.

And DE: the fact that my suggested Abort Strategy works, should be a big wake up call; for you to do something about that Terrible Map.

its too big, we can't find the Corpus fast enough, rounds drag out forever.

And its also just not fun on top of that; pretty much all my kills occur in the same location, the stairs near the bases.

Clearly the AI is having some pathfinding issues with the place too if we always end up repeating the same engagement over and over.

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

I hated it at first too, but after a bunch of runs I like it now.

The aesthetic and style of the new Jupiter tileset is just great, it is not that big after you get used to it, and the upper platform is great for snipers and Mesa.

if Anything bringing the old map back as well would be nice too.

But I def like the new map now.