Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Weapon Ammo Type Ideas

Yefrign

I recently got my hands on the Embolist and it got me thinking:

from the description the Synapse weapon is another flamer kind of weapon (I am not sure since I am in the middle of making the Masses required to make it) 

IF this is the case I think the overall ammo type design concepts for the Infested weapons are a little... lackluster in my opinion.

Infested are an interesting, creepy, dangerous kind of concept and in my opinion there is SO much potential as far as the kind of ammunition an infested weapon could fire. 

anyone familiar with the Warhammer 40k Lore would sorta see the "Tyranid" in the infested and my ideas for infested weapon types are along those lines as well.

right now we have about 4 (ranged) infested based weapons and we have:

a poison grenade like weapon (Torid) 

a poision needle like weapon (Acrid)

and two flamer kind of weapons (Embolist and Synapse)

the latest weapon designs have kinda opened a new door to what Infested weapons can look like and how they behave. 

the kind of ammunition these strange abominations can fire is rather vast and here are a few examples; 

Harpoon-like barbed bones.(would probably work similar to like Boltor/Paris/Dread ammunition in terms of weapon behavior) 

a weapon that fires maggot like organisms that disintegrates when it hits an enemy into a spray of corrosive slime.

a weapon that fires worm-like parasites that borrow through flesh and armor (and essentially eat its victims) 

a weapon that fires a crystal like object that shatters on impact.

these  are just a few examples that could be used in future infested weaponry perhaps?

now don't let me have all the fun, what would you think an infested weapon could fire at its victims? 

I love the ideas, but that would make it harder to do ammo drops. Cause like where would an aromor eating worm ammo be sloted? Rifle, pistol? It's not like any other typez of ammo. HOWEVER, I could see this as being part of the mod system. If we have weapon specific mods, why not faction specific mods?

I love the ideas, but that would make it harder to do ammo drops. Cause like where would an aromor eating worm ammo be sloted? Rifle, pistol? It's not like any other typez of ammo. HOWEVER, I could see this as being part of the mod system. If we have weapon specific mods, why not faction specific mods?

fair point but for the sake of argument (and gameplay) it can still simply use the ammo drops left behind,

so pistol type infested weapon uses pistol ammo ect

its kinda like the Embolist, that thing spits acid and it uses regular pistol ammo? 

if you REALLY want to be technical with its ammo being unique then when you purchase/make the weapons you also get a mod that needs to be equipped to the weapon and it functions similar to the ammo conversion mods but specifically for that weapon?