The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

BUG + Workaround: Slow loading into PoE and OV from town

No1NParticular31

So I was having an issue where it was taking somewhere around 1m 30sec to 2 min to load into PoE from Cetus and to OV from Fortuna. Oddly enough load times directly from the drop ship to these zones were fine. Through lots of troubleshooting and trial and error, I discovered that the root cause was having VSync turned on. It doesn't matter if VSync is turned on in game or in the NVidia control panel. If it is on in either place this issue occurs.This in essence, makes VSync unusable in Warframe.

I had turned on VSync because I use a 4k TV as the monitor and experience horizontal lines/tears during the landing sequence, and during cut scene videos in quests. This doesn't break game play but it should be looked into so that VSync is actually usable.

• 1 month later...

One more update: So playing around with this a bit more, I found that setting it to "Off" (instead of "Auto") and manually selecting 60hz for the refresh rate reduces my load time to PoE and OV even more. I'm down to just a few seconds to load in now. So there is definitely something wonky about how this game handles VSync but ONLY when loading into PoE or OV. I have no clue why VSync would cause this or why only those two zones are affected, but it is 100% the cause of my slow loads times from before.