Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better audio balancing for difficulty

Crankthulhu

Something I've noticed is the speed and action of WF makes keeping track of incoming threats challenging. This is obviously part of the design, but me and a lot of players get aggravated at dying and we can't even pinpoint what we died to, making losses in the game feel out of our control and frustrating at times.

One area that could GREATLY help this is just better audio cues for certain high threat attacks, or just better audio balancing for abilities and enemy attacks, over the sound of our own guns which drowns out a lot.

We already have the audio cues for shields breaking or certain ability buffs like Mesa's 3 running out of duration, which for Frames that need their abilities to survive is crucial. Using Mesa as an example, however, sometimes you can miss the audio cue for her 3 running out and die immediately while feeling "cheated" just because you didn't take your eyes away from the combat to stare at the ability HUD constantly.

Just making her 3 audio cue louder and the sound of weapons slightly quieter would do wonders for this, IMO.

• Like 1

There are some audio cues that I think are great where they are as far as announcing "good sir, you are about to take damage." Heavy unit slam attacks, harpoons (though they're basically homing, so it's more of a courtesy thing), Latchers (which is weird because you can just completely ignore their piddly damage), the spooling up of a Heavy Gunner's Gorgon, and Arc Traps (which I'm actually pretty grateful for because I sprint past them all the time).

But I'd agree with you that a lot of audio cues need to be clearer and more emphatic. Ability expiration is the first thing I'd personally put more emphasis on, because the visual cues are (usually) a lot more subtle than an enemy attack. After that, it's a matter of making sure other enemy units with danger equal to or higher than the Heavy Gunner have equal or better clarity on their attack cues.

• Like 1